new boss owner

alex12gt

Established Member
picked up a white 2012 boss today with 20k on car #778 got it from a dealer up near chicago and pretty happy with
my purchase on the ride home but few things im going to need to check into

seems dam near all the brakes squeal and need new pads, the car has the brake cooling kit and
what apprear to be aftermarket 2 piece rotors on the front and also kinda seems to be
lowered slightly in the front compared to what i have seen stock and of course the rear end is mud truck
high

front of the hood on the bottom lip appears to have corroded under the paint on the aluminum going to see if its still
under warranty if not might pic up a tiger racing hood

going to be due for tires soon might just sell off the wheels as well and get a new setup

Race Red Boss

Established Member
Congrats and welcome to the world of Boss'. I'm guessing the squeal on the brakes is the type of pads on there. Even the stock brakes squeal a bit.......they are meant for the track. Strange that you would be seeing some corrosion already. Was the car driven year round? I'd definitely take it into a dealer.......corrosion warranty will still be in force.

Enjoy the ride!

alex12gt

Established Member
Well pulled a front tire rotors are baer eradispeed, the car also has the cooling scoop for the tranny, plates in the side pipes have been removed

The pads are at 5/16ths and are brembos pads top marking is ferodo 4448 i would assume they are stock? Was debating picking up so reg pads from auto zone just to get it to stop but may just order up some decent pads

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Nice pick up.... sounds like the car might have seen some track time. No worries though as these cars are built for it.

Users who are viewing this thread