New build what blower should I use?

jtip1810

Established Member
New to the lightning world always a mustang 5.0 guy. I have a lightning that I pushed a little to hard and the motor gave way. I got as much as 417rwhp and 502rwtq with basic mods and stage 5 steggy port with 14-15#'s running stock throttle body with port. I just ordered mmr shortblock with trick flow heads and stage 2 blower cams. I have been told my ported eaton will kill the potential of this motor. Looking to but 500+rwhp which what mmr said should be easy to do without spray and have been looking at the mp blower over the ported eaton seems to be able to produce alot more hp/tq at higher rpm levels. Any help? maybe someone else has done this build up and can give me some advice.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Twin screw Whipple or Kenny bell will get you the desired hp/tq level followed by the supporting mods and tune.

I went with the 2.3 Whipple and haven't looked back. Blower looks great and performs amazingly. However, changing plugs can be on pain the driver side.

Last edited:

jtip1810

Established Member
I would but I spent the majority of my money in the engine build up. I plan on upgrading the fuel system when I put it back together and possibly a bigger throttle body. I have all others mods obx LT's w/o cats, sct mass air, gears, complete port from throttle body to lower intake from steggy. I don't know if the ported eaton will be able to make over 500hp or if the mp is much better seen plenty of people getting 550-600 with less mods than what I will have shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread