new buy- 03 vert too low for nyc help needed!

torchvert03

Established Member
good morning All,

new 03 cobra owner, purchased the car this past weekend, previous owner has the car lowered with h & R supersport springs, no isolators. rolling on fr500s (18" with nitto 305 in the rear. here is where it goes wrong for me, 1 - rub marks on rear tires from fender , 2- living in outer boroughs of nyc car is bottoming out on worn roads with hump in the middle. don't get me wrong I love the car lowered but need to make some slight adjustments to adapt to my surrounding roads. question is- will re installing isolators raise the car up? ( installing regardless do not like metal to metal) or should I install h&r sport springs in rear.
any help or past experiences would be much appreciated

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Easiest thing to do would be to go with MM iso's if you just need ride height as they will raise you up more than stock rubber, but won't really do anything to make the ride softer.

Last edited:

Franco

Established Member
I agree with RDP mm will prob give you at least .5 inches of clearance or you can change to hr race that's what I run on my vert and I don't have any issues. I'm also local to ny. Where r u located?

MattG04

Established Member
MM ISO's raised my vert .5" as I was running eibach pro-kit springs with no isolaters.

torchvert03

Established Member
New here still trying to get the hang of it! Trying to stay as low as possible, wasted no time and ordered mm isolators front and rear. Bayside queens here. You?

Franco

Established Member
New here still trying to get the hang of it! Trying to stay as low as possible, wasted no time and ordered mm isolators front and rear. Bayside queens here. You?

I'm in Oceanside Long Island. Did u buy this car from the westchester area?

torchvert03

Established Member
0bd478a04e754b2a71e1ece357e98c12.jpg

94slowbra1

Established Member
Too bad you can't leave it like it sits, looks killer. I run sports without iso's on my vert and its sits low. Fortunately it's not my dd so I can leave it like that
Like others have stated, just get some MM iso's and be done. Won't change the ride and will get you that extra clearance

txrunner

Established Member
If the MM Isos don't give you enough clearance, you can rotate the rear springs so the pigtail is not sitting right next to the stop. Can give you an extra .25-.50 inch clearance.

torchvert03

Established Member
Looks good 94. I think that's where I need to be. Any higher in my opinion takes away from the stance.

Users who are viewing this thread