Tower Braces
Likely Tuned at one point - running stock boost now

PXL_20221112_205446813~2.jpg

PXL_20221112_205501738~2.jpg

PXL_20221112_205516364~3.jpg

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Plan for the car is to basically do nothing but daily it.

Going to throw in a water pump and timing kit, get some JDM spec 235/45R17 Tires and refresh the brakes.

US cars came with 225/45 tires so not only are the skinnier but have less sidewall and the speedometers all read 2-3mph over because of this. So dumb. Wheels will look better with more sidewall.

Open source tune and call it good..car runs great, suspension is tight and flat. Wish we had E85, but oh well.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I assume that hood scoop is functional?
Nawww, just got it on ebay and 3m taped that with some wood screws.

Subarus use top mount intercoolers with hood scoops for air ducting. The reason for Top Mounting is both packing with the boxer engine and "for rally heritage". It gets the IC out out of the way of ground and it doesn't block the radiator.

Being top mount they do get heat soaked, but the STI has a water sprayer. Car is always AWD with a center diff controller. Turn it off and run the diff open and you can skid around like a RWD drifter.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
The white STI requires the dildo vape. Yes, the "smoke" comes out of the tip and you have to hold it by the balls while sucking it off.
I'd drive the wheels off of one of those. Always liked them.

I've driven WRXs and always came away meh. This came up and I was looking for something sporty with 4drs. Oh My Vape, the STI feels very very different. Basically a GT500 vs a V6.

junkyard08

Established Member
I've driven WRXs and always came away meh. This came up and I was looking for something sporty with 4drs. Oh My Vape, the STI feels very very different. Basically a GT500 vs a V6.
I will agree with this except the 15+ wrxs. Personally, the newer ones are just as good if not better than the STI at least from a DD/spirited driving stand point. If you are actually taking it to the track, the STI still has the advantage

04 to 07 STI easily the best ones made by Subaru

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I will agree with this except the 15+ wrxs. Personally, the newer ones are just as good if not better than the STI at least from a DD/spirited driving stand point. If you are actually taking it to the track, the STI still has the advantage

04 to 07 STI easily the best ones made by Subaru
+15 WRX might be a fine daily but the FA/B is an over complicated pile of dog shit and the new 6spd still sucks like the old 5spd. The STI 6spd is near is bonkers strong .

EJ257 is where it's at. 16 years of production and interchangeability. Dirt cheap to build and 90's simplicity. Sure, terrible engine for 800-1200hp. But 400-600 in a 3,100lb AWD car, it's a fun package with no rivals.

Evo was always the big name but the cars are rare, expensive and spares are getting hard to come by. The 4G63 is a monster but the trans can't compare and that shits wedged in there.

Sucks Subaru basically said "we don't care anymore" in 2008 and has continued stubbornly down that path at full speed.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice find, Jack. Looks very clean overall, and will make a killer daily driver. You seem to know these WRXs intimately, and know exactly what you bought and why. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread