New Car : Need Vape Setup Suggestions

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Killer. I have always loved these and they look great in white. Don't forget a flat brimmed hat to go with your vape pen.
STI branded or Monster Energy?

Can I just use my SDHQ Camo one from the lifted Silverado?

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Nice. I bought one new back in 03. First and only car I ever paid ADM on (1k). I liked it for what it was but I ended up selling it after 6-7 months for lack of aftermarket support at the time. The DCCD is cool and very noticeable in winter conditions. It will go anywhere locked 50/50.

The gearing is pretty short on them if I remember too. I believe I had to shift to 3rd before hitting 60. They do sound good uncorked too.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting, I did not know any of this. Makes me want to take a closer look.

Do you still have the Skyline?

Oh yeah, may even be ready for TX2K if the STi doesn't distract me to much.

I basically got the block situation resolved. Machined the RB NEO block and girdle to accept the RB20/26 Oil Pan.

I need to finish swapping over the accessories so I can keep my AC and then drop the engine in the car. Was going to do that over Thanksgiving, but now I'm going to do the timing and water pump on the STi instead. So I'll probably push that job to Christmas week.

Need a new harness from WS since I'm running the Neo but on an RB26 Links ECU. I could splice the current harness but don't want to since it's already old as shit with brittle connectors.

Img_2022_11_14_11_41_34.jpeg

PXL_20221011_204856685.jpg

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice. I bought one new back in 03. First and only car I ever paid ADM on (1k). I liked it for what it was but I ended up selling it after 6-7 months for lack of aftermarket support at the time. The DCCD is cool and very noticeable in winter conditions. It will go anywhere locked 50/50.

The gearing is pretty short on them if I remember too. I believe I had to shift to 3rd before hitting 60. They do sound good uncorked too.

Short is an understatement.

I feel like your shifting into 4th to hit 50mph. Luckily it's a very smooth transmission that's firm and responsive. WRX 5spd feels like a mushy wet noodle.

This feels like Nissan's "big" 5spd found behind the RB25s and VG30s.

DCCD is dope. Off+Open and you can do Mustang Car Meet Exits, drifting all over the place. Lock it, it launches like a Saturn V. Leave it on Auto and you can get on it, whip around hard and just 4wheel slide instead of spinning out like a RWD car.

T.Man

Established Member
Hit me up if you ever decide to "test" any new goodies. Could be a decent benchmark for you (y)

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
These are my favorite generation STI, mostly because of the looks, and what they were when they showed up on the scene.

Every time I see one of these in this gen, it makes me rethink my hate for them.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Oh yeah, may even be ready for TX2K if the STi doesn't distract me to much.

I basically got the block situation resolved. Machined the RB NEO block and girdle to accept the RB20/26 Oil Pan.

I need to finish swapping over the accessories so I can keep my AC and then drop the engine in the car. Was going to do that over Thanksgiving, but now I'm going to do the timing and water pump on the STi instead. So I'll probably push that job to Christmas week.

Need a new harness from WS since I'm running the Neo but on an RB26 Links ECU. I could splice the current harness but don't want to since it's already old as shit with brittle connectors.
Why bother with all that? Just drop 50K on the new HKS RB28!

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Whelp.... Shit happens.

Went to do the timing belt and discovered something.....

PXL_20221206_201409891.jpg

That's. $5,500 short block or $13,500 long block.... I'm guessing SBUK stands for short block. I sent an email over to Cosworth hoping to get some info.

Also, the Bilstein's are actually the $2800 coilovers....

I bet I could flip this thing for $30k on BAT lolz.

Got the inside detailed.

Img_2022_12_06_18_29_07.jpeg

Img_2022_12_06_18_29_23.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread