• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

New car stereo suggestions

Discussion in 'Interior and Exterior Body & Chassis' started by 2003snake, Dec 12, 2011.

1. 2003snake

2003snake New Member Established Member

Considering upgrading the radio in our Cobra since the aftermarket unit is about 8 years old. To give you an idea what it will be paired with, we currently have it installed with an JL Audio 500/5 amp that drives a set of MB Quart seperates up front and the rear in addition to a JL Audio 10" in a Custom Enclosure that is NOT ported.

I am looking for suggestions from you about actual experience, here are the requirements in the Head Unit:

* Must be single DIN
    * Must have Iphone connectivity
    * Must Operate reasonably fast

Not absoutely neccesary but would also like

* Blue Tooth
    * HD Radio

We have looked at a few models and read a ton of reviews, but are really looking for your experience..... Let's hear what you have to say!

2. NorCal_03Cobra

NorCal_03Cobra SVTP Member Established Member

I had the Kenwood KDC-MP345U in my 97 GT - nothing special, but it did the job

5 channel output (4 channel speakers & sub), iPod/iPhone ready, bluetooth handsfree, CD/MP3 capable, stereo jack input on the front, removable faceplate & even has a remote. Navigating the settings is pretty easy too

It won't set you back a bunch (I think I paid $130?) and does what you need it to

3. shurur

shurur Well-Known Member Established Member

4. Jefe

Jefe Well-Known Member Established Member

Why does it have to be single DIN? The opening is Double DIN for a reason...

5. 2003snake

2003snake New Member Established Member

Not an absolute requirement but easier with all the other crap I currently have in that area....there currently is a single din installed.