New car stereo suggestions

2003snake

Established Member
Considering upgrading the radio in our Cobra since the aftermarket unit is about 8 years old. To give you an idea what it will be paired with, we currently have it installed with an JL Audio 500/5 amp that drives a set of MB Quart seperates up front and the rear in addition to a JL Audio 10" in a Custom Enclosure that is NOT ported.

I am looking for suggestions from you about actual experience, here are the requirements in the Head Unit:

* Must be single DIN
* Must have Iphone connectivity
* Must Operate reasonably fast

Not absoutely neccesary but would also like

* Blue Tooth
* HD Radio

We have looked at a few models and read a ton of reviews, but are really looking for your experience..... Let's hear what you have to say!

NorCal_03Cobra

SVTP Member
Established Member
I had the Kenwood KDC-MP345U in my 97 GT - nothing special, but it did the job

5 channel output (4 channel speakers & sub), iPod/iPhone ready, bluetooth handsfree, CD/MP3 capable, stereo jack input on the front, removable faceplate & even has a remote. Navigating the settings is pretty easy too

It won't set you back a bunch (I think I paid $130?) and does what you need it to

Jefe

Established Member
Why does it have to be single DIN? The opening is Double DIN for a reason...

2003snake

Established Member
Why does it have to be single DIN? The opening is Double DIN for a reason...

Not an absolute requirement but easier with all the other crap I currently have in that area....there currently is a single din installed.

Users who are viewing this thread