New clutch kit installed, questions on results

Mit5005

Established Member
I bought a spec clutch kit from Lethal and installed it today. Didn't replace anything else but the clutch, pressure plate, and the TOB. The clutch is a lot easier on my foot now which i love, but there is a slight noise when its engaged. Does it just need to be broken in or what? It sounds like rubbing of some sort.

Also there is a little play in the clutch pedal and I tried using that adjustment method stickied in another post, but with no luck. Do i need to get a quardrant and firewall adjuster?

Bockfipher

Established Member
Maybe your TOB is riding on your pressure plate? I just had the exact opposite. I had no play in the pedal (cable was stretched tight) and TOB was nowhere near the PP.

A new quadrant and firewall adjuster (and a couple other goodies) took care of that and let me dial it in where I wanted it.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
It is always a good idea to install and adjustable quadrant and fire wall adjuster.
It allows to properly adjust the cable to keep the PP fingers off the TOB.
Your clutch does need to be broken in.
What Spec model did you get?

Last edited:

Mit5005

Established Member
Its the Spec stage 2 model. I was goin to resurface it but my father, who helped me do the job cause he knows his stuff, said it wasnt necessary in the condition it was in. The noise is most noticeable when idling in neutral, and every now and then there is a slight clicking as well. Really hope its not cause i got lazy with the flywheel.

Users who are viewing this thread