New Cobra on the streets of ATL!

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
Hey all! I just purchased my first svt cobra and am proud to be part of this site now! I'm sure that ill have a ton of questions and issues pop up, but that's what yall are here for, right?

Anyways, I was wondering if there's any fellow cobras near me or where the car scene is usually at?

Was also wondering if there are any good shops or tuners that anyone would highly recommend for me to take my car to once I get my pulleys, exhaust and tuner so that I can have the pulleys installed and have my car dyno tuned?

One last thing, I am trying to get the maximum power out of the stock eaton and engine. What route have others gone on here, and what kind of power would I be looking at? I want a safe, reliable tune as well as a safe and reliable car bc this is my DD at the moment. Lists of mods and supportting mods would greatly be appreciated! Thanks guys!

realm187

Vaporized
Established Member
Congrats on Cobra. There are a few clubs around you could hook up with. As far as where to hang out at, would really depend on what part of ATL you reside. My cousin has a 03 cobra, he has Exhaust, 4.10 gear, 2.59 pulley, throttle body and CAI and Amazon tune and he turned a 7.30 in 1/8 mile up here in Calhoun. Doesnt take much, if your ever this way on weekends, your welcome to come up to Calhoun, quite a few of us up here.

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
Congrats on Cobra. There are a few clubs around you could hook up with. As far as where to hang out at, would really depend on what part of ATL you reside. My cousin has a 03 cobra, he has Exhaust, 4.10 gear, 2.59 pulley, throttle body and CAI and Amazon tune and he turned a 7.30 in 1/8 mile up here in Calhoun. Doesnt take much, if your ever this way on weekends, your welcome to come up to Calhoun, quite a few of us up here.

Sweet, yea thanks for the welcome and invite! Yea hopefully ill be modding the cobra here very soon! You've got a pretty sweet ride yourself!

SVTLink

US ARMY SCOUT
Established Member
Haha. It's slow compared to where I want it to be. What are your initial plans for the car? My reccomedation is mgw shifter. If your ever in the Columbus benning area you can drive my car, hopefully that'll convince you to just save up and skip a ported blower.

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
Haha. It's slow compared to where I want it to be. What are your initial plans for the car? My reccomedation is mgw shifter. If your ever in the Columbus benning area you can drive my car, hopefully that'll convince you to just save up and skip a ported blower.

The only things that I've added so far are a JLT Ram Air Intake and a Steeda Oil Separator. I'm desperately needing new tires (currently have stock ones, and I just broke 19K miles on the car), I'm getting new wheels at the same time also. I definitely want the MGW shifter, some pulleys, exhaust, a custom tune and suspension mods next. Just gotta save up... :thumbsup:

SVTLink

US ARMY SCOUT
Established Member
What exhaust do you have on there now? Try polishing it up and see how thy works. As far as everything else, not bad. It's an expensive hobby.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Im sent
Welcome to Ga

Oh by the way Discount Tire right near you in will have good prices.
Discount Tire
3105 Steve Reynolds Blvd
Duluth, GA 30096
(678) 475-6499

or

Discount Tire
1989 Duluth Hwy
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
(678) 847-6171

Last edited:

mysteed

Established Member
Welcome to the site. Post up some pics and specs of your Cobra. For a tune, I highly suggest Kurgan's near Road Atlanta. :beer:

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
Thanks!

^^ I will definitely be looking into paying Kurgan's a visit once I buy my parts.

I'll post up some pics once I setup a hosting acct. somewhere (yes I know, very easy, but I'm just too lazy sometimes lol!) As far as specs goes: Bone stock! Black coupe with tan inserts on the seats! Just broke 19K miles! The only additions I have made so far are tint, JLT ram intake and a Steeda oil separator, woohoo! :banana:

04RiceEater

Established Member
Congrats and welcome. I would say skip the ported blower and buy a used whipple or KB. I did the same thing with my redfire cobra from pulley to port to twin screw and wasted alot of money doing it that way. You have to ask yourself will you be satisfied with 500hp or will you eventually want more? If you are like most cobra owners you will want more! LOL.

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
Welcome!

I work in Duluth and live in Dacula and drive the Mach every day. :beer:

Thanks for the welcome guys! Yeah, she's my daily driver, and I love it! I'm actually going up to Kurgan's Motorsports tomorrow to talk to him and see exactly what it is what I want to do with the Cobra. Hopefully he'll have some good suggestions for me!:beer:

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
did u ever come up? I dont believe we talked!

No, I didn't make the the trip up there that past Wednesday, sorry man! I definitely still need to plan to come up there because I've got so many questions about my Cobra and the plans that I have for it... Do you want me to ask for someone specific when I call/ come up? By the way, my name is Robby.

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
Robby, I am in Gwinnett too, would love to see your new ride.......maybe meet at Mustangs Unlimited one afternoon...........Trip

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Rick@Amazon has been specializing with the 03/04 Cobras since they were available in 2002.He has tuned thousands of them from mild to wild.You will not find another tuner with more years of experience with them.

we can work with you remotely via email or we are located just 20 miles over the SC/GA line off I85.We have tons of customers who drive up from GA to take advantage of Ricks years of tuning knowledge and experience.

PM me your # and I will have Rick give you a call to discuss the options you have for your car.

The best advice I can give you is to talk to each tuner you are considering using one on one then decide.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread