New Cobra Owner from Colorado

JohnEB_03Cobra

Established Member
Hey Everyone just wanted to introduce myself.

Name is John from Colorado, Picked up a Blue 03 Cobra with 35k miles about 3 weeks ago. So far I am LOVING this car, I have been around them a lot but have never owned / drove one.

So far from what I have figured out it has Bassani Exhaust, K&N Intake, Throttle Body (Not sure what one), clutch (not sure what kind) and a MGW short throw shifter.

I am really impressed with how fast the power comes on, I also own a 750AWHP 06 Evo IX (This is how I have had A LOT of encounters with cobra's ;) ), I am used to the "lag of a turbo" but I couldn't be happier.

Plans so far for the car are pretty simple... I am going to do a lot of research to figure out what Major Mods and supporting mods to do on the car.

I am thinking about a Kenne Bell or Whipple with proper fueling mods. I tune my Evo myself on AEM EMS but I will have to find out if there is a decent tuner around Colorado for Cobra's.

If anyone has any input please share! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Anyways here are some pics of the Cobra!

2010-02-13172259.gif

2010-02-13172326.gif

2010-02-13172340.gif

DSC_0007.gif

DSC_0030.gif

DSC_0067.gif

Here's a few shots of the Evo. Fully Built / Caged

DSC_0498.gif

DSC_0651.gif

DSC_0652.gif

DSC_0676.gif

DSC00867.gif

DSC00838.gif

The 07 R1

DSC00898.gif

DSC00909.gif

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
congrats on the purchase! she looks great!

there is a ton of info on this site, and a lot of helpful/friendly people as well!

welcome!

=]

:beer:

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
ricer!! don't worry you will be okay just hang here for a bit

j/k nice cars congrats

JohnEB_03Cobra

Established Member
You've just got all kinds of Toys don't you. Evo looks sick congrats on the cobra

For sure lol. Yeah I do.. I work hard for them but hey you only live once right? Can't take anything with you when you die so why not.

Thanks man, The Evo is fast as all hell but I love driving the Cobra... so much more friendly on the road.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Good looking Cobra, congrats man! You're talking a pretty common/basic combo so tuning it shouldn't be all that difficult, the SCT PRP isn't a tough program to figure out if you want to tune the car yourself. Very nice Evo and Yamaha also! :thumbsup:

JohnEB_03Cobra

Established Member
Good looking Cobra, congrats man! You're talking a pretty common/basic combo so tuning it shouldn't be all that difficult, the SCT PRP isn't a tough program to figure out if you want to tune the car yourself. Very nice Evo and Yamaha also! :thumbsup:

Thanks! I will have to look into the tuning, I have access to a dyno about any time I need it so that will help.

I will have to look further into the SCT, I have already def decided on that for a tuner. I will probably put in a wide band and try to tune it in the 11:1-11:6 range and no more then 16psi for safety. We only have 91oct available here so that will probably work.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Thanks! I will have to look into the tuning, I have access to a dyno about any time I need it so that will help.

I will have to look further into the SCT, I have already def decided on that for a tuner. I will probably put in a wide band and try to tune it in the 11:1-11:6 range and no more then 16psi for safety. We only have 91oct available here so that will probably work.

Do you have E85 available up there?

JohnEB_03Cobra

Established Member
Do you have E85 available up there?

Yes we do, I have considered that route but probably wont take it, It is effective yes but the amount of fuel needed and not to mention fuel system and injectors is what steers me away. I want to take a few road trips this year so I just don't want to worry about not finding a available gas station with E85.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Yes we do, I have considered that route but probably wont take it, It is effective yes but the amount of fuel needed and not to mention fuel system and injectors is what steers me away. I want to take a few road trips this year so I just don't want to worry about not finding a available gas station with E85.

If all you have it 91 I'd defintely go E85. You're going to have to buy injectors and pumps anyway with the Whipple, so you won't be spending any much more money. You could easily pick up 100-125rwhp over 91 octane with the Whipple. For roadtrips you can just simply write another tune for pump gas and load it up (or use a switch chip) when necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread