New Cobra owner in middle GA

MarcTheNarc

Noobra
Established Member
Hey fellas. I'm new to the area and to the Cobra world. I just moved down to Warner Robins from Charlotte, NC in December, and just picked up an '01 Cobra this morning (happy belated Valentine's Day!). Spent the rest of the day reading the FAQ's here, since I am 100% CLUELESS when it comes to these cars. So if any local owners on here want to get together and shoot the breeze, or teach a rookie a thing or two about these cars that'd be awesome. I'm not new to cars, forums, or car forums, so I'll keep the noob questions to a minimum.

As far as the car goes, its a graphite? colored '01, manual, that's bone stock as far as I know, no spoiler. Picked it up with 67k on the odometer. No pics just yet, but I'll work on that. I'd like to do a mild build for street/strip duty, but that'll be down the road a ways.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you and learning a ton from all of you!!

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Welcome. Man, there sure are a lot of SVT members on here from the Atlanta/middle Georgia area. I think you have a mineral gray car brother! Hell yeah!!

ShaneHayes

Established Member
congrats on your purchase! i've only had my cobra for a few months now, so i'm still learning myself. i'm only an hour and some change north of ya...in Stockbridge.

you should hit up Silverdollar Raceway in Reynolds GA. Every Saturday, some members from here go there, and very close to ya.

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
holy shit dude you did'nt buy my car did ya? check the sig.

here check these out and tell me if it looks like this. the reason i ask is i traded almost a month ago in wr. it was a wingless 01 with 67k on the clock. by the way it aint stock. i made several mods i'd be happy to go over the car with ya. my only hope is that they sold it to ya like it was when i had it.

http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n307/huttoej/?start=20

Last edited:

MarcTheNarc

Noobra
Established Member
holy shit dude you did'nt buy my car did ya? check the sig.

here check these out and tell me if it looks like this. the reason i ask is i traded almost a month ago in wr. it was a wingless 01 with 67k on the clock. by the way it aint stock. i made several mods i'd be happy to go over the car with ya. my only hope is that they sold it to ya like it was when i had it.

http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n307/huttoej/?start=20

Holy crap, it certainly is your old one. Please tell me I didn't get ripped off on this thing. The only things noticable (to me) on it were all the wiring for a system, and some ginormous intake, possibly a JLT. Yeah man, any and all info you can give me on this car would be awesome!!!

Last edited:

MarcTheNarc

Noobra
Established Member
I'm here in Warner Vegas too. We'll be going to the track in Reynolds tomorrow. You should bring it out.

Good to hear there's at least one more Cobra owner in town. I don't think I've ever seen you driving around, but I'll keep more of an eye out now. I've already got plans for tonight, so I won't be able to make it down there this weekend, but I'd definately like to cruise down there with you guys some time to see what its all about.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
There's several of us around for sure. Looks like you gotta a nice one. It's always good when you can find the previous owner and learn a little about the car. The track is open from 12 to 5 today if you get free. That's where we'll be.

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
Holy crap, it certainly is your old one. Please tell me I didn't get ripped off on this thing. The only things noticable (to me) on it were all the wiring for a system, and some ginormous intake, possibly a JLT. Yeah man, any and all info you can give me on this car would be awesome!!!
it has a jlt intake, 4.30 gears, solid swap, and a pro-motion built t-45 with an mgw shifter. it also has a upr quad w/firewall adjuster and a new oem clutch cable. i've got a fiore micro-click adjuster nib if ya want it. never got a chance to put it on. i've got all the stock parts that came off of it including the polished wheels. if ya want pm me i'll give ya my number. i'll be glad to show you what i have and go over the car with ya. oh yeah it's a centerforce dual friction clutch w/a 03/04 aluminum flywheel. you'll want to get an offroad x with a tuner so you can adjust for the 4.30's. it'll also wake it up a little. check the new edge times under my name for the updated times it ran. hope the mods don't worry ya i really did'nt beat on the car and i feel i took very good care of it. i was the 2nd owner and bought it w/25000 miles. please take care of her i'm gonna miss her. i'm sure i've forgotten something so hit me up and we'll go over it........Juan:beer:

MarcTheNarc

Noobra
Established Member
Damn, sounds like I made out pretty well on this deal then. From the way it whines I figured it couldn't be a stock tranny! I'll definately get ahold of you and come check out the parts you have. Probably not this weekend or next, but sometime soon. I can't believe I got a high 12 second Cobra for under blue book value!!! Oh yeah, the car is my DD for now, so it'll definately be babied for a while.

MarcTheNarc

Noobra
Established Member
I was also wondering if any of you local boys have had any work done by a Brian Anderson. The sales rep at the dealership recommended him, said he and his son have been building Mustangs/Cobras for a long time now and do excellent work. Any first-hand experience?

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I was also wondering if any of you local boys have had any work done by a Brian Anderson. The sales rep at the dealership recommended him, said he and his son have been building Mustangs/Cobras for a long time now and do excellent work. Any first-hand experience?

He lives next door to me. Not he and his son. He is the son. It's actually his dad's house where the shop is. He has his own dyno, tire machine, nitrous filling station, brake lathe, tig welding, mig welding etc. I highly recommend him. He's an electrical engineer on the base by day and does the hotrod stuff in the evenings and on weekends. If you ever look at Hotrod, Carcraft or Fastest streetcar magazines then you have probably seen his car. It's a 1964 twin turbo Rambler that has made over 1700rwhp on e-85. He just recently won the Dynomax dyno challenge out in Vegas, he finished top 10 in the Hotrod pump gas drags 2yrs ago, competed in heavy street at the World streetcar nationals, won wildstreet at SGMP at a NMCA event and drove the same car he did all this in on the Hotrod power tour from Perry to Virginia. If all that don't make u feel comfortable with him tuning your car then I don't know what will. We just got back from the track today where he stood the car on the bumper and ripped the tag(streetcar btw) off it and still stayed in it and made a full pass. There is one pass caught on video in the vid I posted in the timeslip bar. Be sure and check it out.:rockon:

MarcTheNarc

Noobra
Established Member
He lives next door to me. Not he and his son. He is the son. It's actually his dad's house where the shop is. He has his own dyno, tire machine, nitrous filling station, brake lathe, tig welding, mig welding etc. I highly recommend him. He's an electrical engineer on the base by day and does the hotrod stuff in the evenings and on weekends. If you ever look at Hotrod, Carcraft or Fastest streetcar magazines then you have probably seen his car. It's a 1964 twin turbo Rambler that has made over 1700rwhp on e-85. He just recently won the Dynomax dyno challenge out in Vegas, he finished top 10 in the Hotrod pump gas drags 2yrs ago, competed in heavy street at the World streetcar nationals, won wildstreet at SGMP at a NMCA event and drove the same car he did all this in on the Hotrod power tour from Perry to Virginia. If all that don't make u feel comfortable with him tuning your car then I don't know what will. We just got back from the track today where he stood the car on the bumper and ripped the tag(streetcar btw) off it and still stayed in it and made a full pass. There is one pass caught on video in the vid I posted in the timeslip bar. Be sure and check it out.:rockon:

Wow, guess this guy really knows his stuff. Its good to have that kind of knowledge and experience around. I'll definately check out the vid.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
He's a pretty smart fella. Hell everything on his Rambler had to be hand fabricated as there is no kit for a 64 Rambler. The only thing he didn't do on the car was the paint. Here is his number if you want to get in touch with him. My name is Larry and feel free to tell him I sent ya. 478-256-8732.

skeeters_20

Established Member
Welcome to the site, and awesome buy on the cobra. You got steal of a deal on that gem. Im here in War Town as well. I have had mine for 8 months and Im still learning as well. I just installed a K&N FIPK Gen 2. (And I have that stupid stalling problem). I am wanting to get out to the track too, but I never have time.
Again. Awesome ride bud.

I need to give Brian a call too. Shoot, I went to high school with him. But the only time I spoke to him was when I was asking him stuff about ROTC.

Last edited:

MarcTheNarc

Noobra
Established Member
He's a pretty smart fella. Hell everything on his Rambler had to be hand fabricated as there is no kit for a 64 Rambler. The only thing he didn't do on the car was the paint. Here is his number if you want to get in touch with him. My name is Larry and feel free to tell him I sent ya. 478-256-8732.

Awesome, I appreciate the info. It'll probably be a while before I'm ready to do any work on it, but I'll definately look him up for for anything major.

MarcTheNarc

Noobra
Established Member
Welcome to the site, and awesome buy on the cobra. You got steal of a deal on that gem. Im here in War Town as well. I have had mine for 8 months and Im still learning as well. I just installed a K&N FIPK Gen 2. (And I have that stupid stalling problem). I am wanting to get out to the track too, but I never have time.
Again. Awesome ride bud.

I need to give Brian a call too. Shoot, I went to high school with him. But the only time I spoke to him was when I was asking him stuff about ROTC.

Hey, another local semi-noob, sweet!:D Congrats on your purchase as well. I didn't realize there were so many Cobras in/around Warner Robins. Do you guys ever have any meets here in town or is that what the trips to Reynolds are for?

Users who are viewing this thread