New cobra owner need advice

Darthcobra

Established Member
Hello I just traded for a 98 cobra with an MMR 900 block forged etc. vortech v2 big fuel etc.

Well I was changing the plugs before the tune I had lined up and one plug looked awful and was pushed in the tip of the ceramic. So I knew there was an issue. Rented a borescope and confirmed my fear.

It has built cobra t56 built rear end good clutch.

I’m stuck now on whether or not I should swap a 5.3 ford racing engine in it with the gt500 heads on it

Should I try to salvage the mmr setup? I think it may be more money and time invested than just getting a new motor. Cylinders would need to be honed or bored.

Not sure how much I can get for a cobra with a blown motor. Or if it is worth swapping engines and getting running right enjoying it then listing it for more.

I figure it will be about 8k to get everything the motor clean up the heads etc.

I would shoot for 750-800hp. How much is a cobra worth at that point?

I want to give it a go TBH with the engine swap but don’t want to sink the cash in it and be out further than I m already.

If I could figure out how to attach pictures I would to show the spark plug and the piston image from the birescope

Attachments

• 99EF3DEA-7238-479A-9C73-127BEFE345EA.jpeg
    99EF3DEA-7238-479A-9C73-127BEFE345EA.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 68

Users who are viewing this thread