New daily driver - SVT

jvert

Established Member
I finally pulled the trigger on a 2004 ZX5 SVT focus. This thing is a blast to drive and it only has 33,500 miles. I wanted the 4 door version and it was hard to find. Here are the pictures. Let me know what you all think. I will clean it up and detail it this weekend. Below are the list of mods done to the car. I also have all the stock parts as well.

Stats:
33,500 miles
Focus sport stress bar
Focus sport rear bar
H&R Cup Kit Suspension package
VF - Engineering rear engine mount
AEM cold air intake
Fidanza Aluminum flywheel
Steeda short throw shifter (not installed yet)
Focus central off road pipe

Is there any way to protect the CAI or is it best to put the stock air box in for the winter?

focus.jpg

focus002-1.jpg

focus001-1.jpg

focus007.jpg

focus006.jpg

focus004-1.jpg

focus005-1.jpg

:rockon:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
those are fun little cars. only thing you should have made sure you got IMO was the HID's! They are awesome!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! Nice car. I well remember these cars back in the day. NMRA even had a separate class for them - Focus Frenzy it was called.

Have fun with it!

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
I miss my '04. Traded it on an '09 Cobalt SS which had tons more power, but otherwise it was a mistake. The SVTF was a better car IMO.

I had a Short Ram CAI, but it was right behind the battery - well protected from rain/snow. No idea about the AEM.

If you don't already have one, do some research and get a Tune. Makes a big difference in driveability! My MPG's went up by 2-3 as well.

Have fun blastin' through the turns!:beer:

BigDan

Established Member
Nice find. How much did you pay because all the one's out here on craigslist are $7k w/ $100k or salvage title for $5k.

My buddy is always talking about them but ive never cared much because they were always expensive and only 170hp and hard to make more power, I might as well get a wrx but if you say it's better then the Cobalt SS just slower then I might give them another look. I also like the 5 door in red vs the usual 3 door in black

jvert

Established Member
The car is a blast to drive and I am really impressed with the interior as well. Its fun and quick not fast but quick and fun to drive.

O4COBRA

Established Member
We've had a couple of those roll through my work. I think they're really nice cars. Perfect setup being the 4 door hatch style. Good buy!

jvert

Established Member
Thanks for the comments everyone. I just put back the stock air box for the winter. I will put the CAI back on in the spring.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
man ive been thinking about getting one of those for a new daily driver. but they're still kina up there in price

BigDan

Established Member
Is it quicker then a 5 speed SHO or SVT Contour because those car pull pretty hard up top?

I'm looking for another fast 4 door Ford especially since the 95 SHO 5 speed was faster then the 95 5.0L GT Mustang but it sounds like these SVT Focus can really handle well.

Montanasvt

Established Member
makes me miss my 04 SVTF... i had a Sonic Blue 4 door.... put down 165hp!!!...lol those cars handle so well and pull good once they good moving... i actually hit 155mph on a long long straight away...lol

Users who are viewing this thread