New Dyno Numbers

onehotlightning

depends where you measure the air fuel... 12.0 at the tail pipe with stock cats is the 11.0 range...

i may not know alot about lightnins but i do know alot about dynos and nitrous from my 5point0 days and that puppy is lean and mean for sure and cats dont take down the airfuel a whole point maybe half point and by the second pull the oxy in them is gone and wont affect airfuels good old 5point0 days gotta miss them for sure i say richen it up with the fuel jet a touch. whitey

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Whitey.. I see that you are new to the site..welcome...you will learn quickly about your new ride ..there are alot of very knowledgable guys here..

onehotlightning

Whitey.. I see that you are new to the site..welcome...you will learn quickly about your new ride ..there are alot of very knowledgable guys here..

dont get on much just hope that i can give back as much as can. lots of 5point0 experience from back when but these are new to me for sure thanks a bunch for the welcome. whitey

castellscl

Established Member
Shouldn't the A/F be like the Red line on mine, not the blue, that was the first run without tune, Red line is hard to see, but that's cause its right in the 12 reference line

BTW, what mods you got?

Last edited:

FordFanStan

Established Member
Not referencing to this truck/tune specifically, but this is just in general.

There is no definitive SET A/F for any type of vehicle, including our L's, PERIOD. If you see something that says it has to be exactly at xx.x:1 A/F it is wrong, PERIOD. Every vehicle is different, and every vehicle reacts differently. Our Lightnings do like to see somewhere in the 11:1 range during WOT usually, but this is also dependent on what A/F meter was used, where the o2 sensor is reading the exhaust gases, and many other variables like octane/fuel, boost, spark advance, the engine combination type of forced induction, etc. Hope that helps clears some things up. FFS

FordFanStan

Established Member
Yes Derek I followed it and supposedly that dyno was reading about 50-60 hp low on some vehicles and on some it was right on it seems? I haven't heard anyone else say anything about their A/F mixture? FFS

cthunder

Established Member
The A/F seems to correlate with the two drops in hp and torque. Although no one has a completely smooth dyno graph, this one is a little jumpy. were you low on nitrous or bottle pressure during these runs?

cthunder

Established Member
Dyno jet......Mods are K&N CAI, Flowmaster Catback, TR6 Plugs, Zex 75 hp shot, and Rick / Amazon Tune.

I never even seen where George said he was spraying? Did I miss it? FFS

I would assume that dyno is with a 75 shot since he really doesnt have any other power adders to make 420 whp. I'm guessing bottle pressure.

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
This was not the finial tune that this customer left with. This was the first pull with the nos. We flattened out the a/f and got it set to 11.6. With all my first pulls the timing was low to see to see how the a/f was. This truck didn't have a bottle heater or gauge so we had no idea what the bottle pressure was. This truck still has stock pullies on it. Congrats on the new mods George!

Rick:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread