New engine build

silverstang9120

Established Member
I have found a 2012 f 150 5.0 that was in a fire. I do have pictures if someone can help me on that. The guy wants 1000 but I was told I can get it for 500 to 750. I have a 2012 mustang 5.0 now and runs good with a blower. I want to build this motor. Want to reuse block, crank, heads, and whatever else I can. I'm going to have everything hot tanked and new forge rods and pistons balanced. Heads ported and cams returned. Need to know if everyone thinks that the motor is no good or not since the fire.

hitmix300

Established Member
I have found a 2012 f 150 5.0 that was in a fire. I do have pictures if someone can help me on that. The guy wants 1000 but I was told I can get it for 500 to 750. I have a 2012 mustang 5.0 now and runs good with a blower. I want to build this motor. Want to reuse block, crank, heads, and whatever else I can. I'm going to have everything hot tanked and new forge rods and pistons balanced. Heads ported and cams returned. Need to know if everyone thinks that the motor is no good or not since the fire.

That's risky business. The intense heat doesn't screw up any of the tolerances for all the holes, surfaces and everything else? Any pics?

Users who are viewing this thread