New enigne pics. (Project Sniper)

NITMARE

Established Member
It should surprise some people plus I really wanna hear how it sounds with the full exhaust on. Vipers have always had the funky sounds to them because they have a weird firing order and the exhaust never crosses via an H or X pipe...I'll have it running out the down pipes then through a 3" X pipe and through 3" Borla mufflers. If nothing else it will sound nothing like a Mustang...I can always tell people it's a built V6 ;)

zeus201

Established Member
It should surprise some people plus I really wanna hear how it sounds with the full exhaust on. Vipers have always had the funky sounds to them because they have a weird firing order and the exhaust never crosses via an H or X pipe...I'll have it running out the down pipes then through a 3" X pipe and through 3" Borla mufflers. If nothing else it will sound nothing like a Mustang...I can always tell people it's a built V6 ;)

Love to see this beast hopefully next summer at few get togethers in the Des Moines area.

NITMARE

Established Member
^^^^^^^^^

I sure hope so man. I really want to hit a lot of events next year. Plus I will be opening the doors next spring on a fabrication and dyno shop here in Des Moines so I plan on setting up a couple dyno days etc.

zeus201

Established Member
^^^^^^^^^

I sure hope so man. I really want to hit a lot of events next year. Plus I will be opening the doors next spring on a fabrication and dyno shop here in Des Moines so I plan on setting up a couple dyno days etc.

That's what I've heard. Iowa let alone midwest needs shops like the one you are planning!

Good luck with the build and it's one of the most creative!

- Ryan

NITMARE

Established Member
Got some update pics here. I just got the paint laid down in the engine bay today after TONS of smoothing and prepping. Also got the k-member just bolted into place. I painted the engine bay with the same House Of Kolors Jet Black that the body is...but instead shot it with a couple coats of their Hot Rod Flat clearcoat....I wanted to keep everything clean and easy to keep looking good since it will be a daily driver. I should get the motor and trans bolted in tomorrow for sure

Nothing too exciting just gives you guys and idea of the size of the recess that had to be made in the firewall. Also you can see the k-member I fabbed up installed. Since I have already been asked that is NOT a modified UPR member. This was the first part I made for the car. It's 1/8" wall Chromoly. Sorry for how shitty the pics are...dirty lens and the black is dark it's hard to make out detail.

1001970jb2.jpg

1001978xq6.jpg

1001982mz7.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread