New for 2009 NHRA roll bar rules

ecoastkid

Established Member
I found this but I need help deciphering it...I'm getting a bar in a few weeks and I'm hoping I can design it in a way that I dont have to have the rear facing bars. If you think about it, the rear facing bar is kinda silly on our trucks. The hoop is right against the back of the cab and would not allow the bar to fall back.

Quote found here...

Drag Racing Internet Magazine - Competition Plus.com - PREVIEWING 2009 NHRA RULES

Steel-bodied pickup trucks (7.50 seconds and slower), roll cages are permitted with no back braces if the roll cage satisfies SFI 25.1E, 25.2, 25.4, or the roll cage consists of a four-point (door car) cage with a complete SFI 2.4B, 2.5B, 2.6, 2.7A dragster, SFI 10.2, 10.3 altered, or SFI 10.4 street roadster roll cage/driver's compartment incorporated into and attached to the four-point roll cage. An upper windshield bar is mandatory.

Non-steel-bodied pickup trucks (7.50 seconds and slower), roll cages are permitted with no back braces if the roll cage satisfies SFI 25.1E, 25.2, 25.4, or the roll cage satisfies the requirements for SFI 2.4B, 2.5B, 2.6, 2.7A dragster, SFI 10.2, 10.3 altered, or SFI 10.4 street roadster roll cage/driver's compartment. No four-point (door car) cage is required and no upper windshield bar is required.

All joints indicated as tube-to-tube joints/intersections must be fabricated by properly notching the components to fit with minimum clearance unless otherwise noted. Crushing the end of a tube to oval in lieu of properly notching/fitting the tube is not acceptable. Welding a plate to the side of one tube and butt welding the other tube to the plate surface in lieu of properly notching/fitting the tube is not acceptable.

boost_freak

Whipple Powered
Established Member
I may be wrong but it sounds like it needs to have the drivers area enclosure from a 25.5 cage which would be like below in order not to need the back down bars.

BR7239_detail_1.png

Users who are viewing this thread