New Ford GT

EditorTurner

Established Member
Ford GT Featured.jpg
Rising Force
Ford Performance unveils a next-generation supercar that sets the tone for the future
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy by Steve Turner and courtesy of Ford Motor Company

The rumors were true, but the car was more than we could have imagined. Today Ford pulled back the covers on a new Ford GT supercar. Codenamed the Phoenix, this halo performance car will not only raise the blood pressure of performance enthusiasts, but it makes a bold statement about where Ford is headed in the future.
Continue reading →

blksn8k

Established Member
I wonder if it is possible that the 2017 Ford GT started life as a Daytona prototype race car? If you fully intend to race this car at LeMans in 2016 would it not make sense to use a proven chassis such as the Riley Ford? The body is obviously all new but what about the chassis? After all, the Riley is already set up for the Roush/Yates 3.5L EcoBoost, dry sump and all. Sure would shorten the development time for the race car as well as the street version, or at least the show car...

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
This car is not a dp car. It basically wears production body panels, it's still a "concept car", with tweaks still to happen.

Last edited:

blksn8k

Established Member
This car is not a dp car. It basically wears production body panels, it's still a "concept car", with tweaks still to happen.

I get all that. The point I'm trying to make is that if they did use a dp chassis, even if it was just for the "concept car", it would have greatly shortened the development time plus they might be able to use the same chassis in a race version for an assault on LeMans. The fact that the same chassis just won the Rolex 24 lends all the more credence that it is a proven design.

Users who are viewing this thread