New Ford Ranger Raptor!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
heavy_breathing_cat_plaque-raab195f7d38449a9ada92f176178340b_ar56b_8byvr_324.jpg

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Considering they cant keep ZR2 colorados in stock. I think ford will have no problem moving these little buggers either.
Plenty of us want a Raptor, but cant handle paying $60,000-80,000. This would fit that market.

Blackoyote

Established Member
I love it, and I've also been figuring when it comes stateside that it'll have the 2.7EB.

Considering a base Raptor is just under $50k (MSRP atleast), I'd HOPE the Ranger will start low to mid 40s.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
a diesel 4 cylinder in the US market would be a huge mistake in a performance oriented truck. The NA 3.3l would be a much better choice. The ecoboost 2.7l in this truck would step on the heels of the fullsize raptor so i cant see them going that route.

210hp is a joke in a $45,000 "performance truck" regardless of how good the suspension is.

Troponin

Established Member
I love it, and I've also been figuring when it comes stateside that it'll have the 2.7EB.

Considering a base Raptor is just under $50k (MSRP atleast), I'd HOPE the Ranger will start low to mid 40s.

I doubt it. The tech they put in this one is more advanced, I believe. If they put the diesel in it, that’s probably $10k right there. If not, I am willing to bet it will be pushing close to the cost of an F150 Raptor. The chassis is the only “Ranger” part on this truck.

There could be market adjustment on top of that too.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I doubt we'll see it here. Ford doesn't want to cannibalize F-150 Raptor sales.
You could make that same argument that you can doubt the Ranger will be here as Ford doesn't want to cannibalize F-150 sales. Yet the Ranger is here.

blk02edge

Established Member
a diesel 4 cylinder in the US market would be a huge mistake in a performance oriented truck. The NA 3.3l would be a much better choice. The ecoboost 2.7l in this truck would step on the heels of the fullsize raptor so i cant see them going that route.

210hp is a joke in a $45,000 "performance truck" regardless of how good the suspension is.
If you want to compare in the dirt where it matters, wont make a difference if this truck has 210hp or 400hp. The stock suspension on any raptor isnt enough to really use THAT much.

My ranger with 207hp and way more suspension than a raptor scares the shit out of people already

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
The Ranger has been nothing but a poor mans 4x4 from like 20 years ago dude..... The race car Celica from Toyota goes low 6's in the 1/4 mile so does that now mean the Toyota Celica is a race car platform.

As far as Im concerned the Ranger was the og offroad race platform so the f150 can take a seat and let that name be used.

pwrshft99

Established Member
Needs a different name. There is already a Raptor and its not a Ranger its an F150. Thats like a newly designed and modified Chevy Cruz and calling it a "Cruz Zo6" jus sounds stupid.

This is being marketed in places that can't utilize bigger trucks like the F150. Those buyer need smaller, yet still capable vehicles.

I very much want to see this in the US with a proper name for the market. It may happen, but judging Ford by history I'm not expecting the same vehicle. The diesel would most likely be dropped for the US IMO

blk02edge

Established Member
The Ranger has been nothing but a poor mans 4x4 from like 20 years ago dude..... The race car Celica from Toyota goes low 6's in the 1/4 mile so does that now mean the Toyota Celica is a race car platform.
Lol! Way off... Im talking about offroad racing no idea what a 6 second celica has anything to do with it.
download.jpg

10841607385_32a67e190d_b.jpg

I could post hundreds more, these were huge in the early 90's and still are the BEST amatuer racing offroad truck to start with

My truck
20150628_192026.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread