New GT500 has 772hp

raustin0017

Established Member
My 09 M3 had a DCT and it was fantastic to drive. My GT500 is another type of beast and don't even think about rowing gears...it just happens. If I were to pick up a new GT500 it would also be a stick. Best reason...wife would not be tempted to take it to WallyWorld to pick up stuff to make my sandwiches.

snakecharmer

Established Member
My 17 Raptor was king of gear hunting! I hope if they (19gt500) do have autos, this issue will not be prevalent.

My ZL1 does not hunt gears, so I doubt the Shelby will have any issues there unless they just don't know how to program it. Ford and GM did that tranny together, and it is a gem. And this is from someone who has always disliked automatics.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Manual is for the purists / warriors looking to enjoy the “trip / fight”. Auto is for the person chasing a “number / end result”.

Manual car / driver will always comand much more respect that their auto counterpart. With that said, autos of today are so damn good, that they make the choice almost one sided.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Manual is for the purists / warriors looking to enjoy the “trip / fight”. Auto is for the person chasing a “number / end result”.

Manual car / driver will always comand much more respect that their auto counterpart. With that said, autos of today are so damn good, that they make the choice almost one sided.
Guess you would have to give a flying turd what others think.
If people are still compensating for inadequacies, there are deeper issues.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Guess you would have to give a flying turd what others think.
If people are still compensating for inadequacies, there are deeper issues.

Who said anything about caring about what others such as yourself think?

This isnt about opinions. Its about facts. Facts dont give a shit about your feelings.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
DCT is a lot of fun and very cool. I love the trans in my S3.

For a high horsepower car like this, I’d much rather have a properly setup conventional auto with a converter though. It’s a much better match for the power, especially in regards to reliability and longevity.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I think some people get in their head if I'm not shifting the car manually its not gonna be as fun. well, at one point in my life I would have agreed with that. At least until I went for a ride in a real fast Turbo car with the proper converter.

I guess the word "FUN" is relative to ur own experience but in my experience losing a race to an auto has never been "FUN" to me.

I've driven both and just had more fun in the manual. I don't street race/drag race so I don't care about outrunning someone. Just personal preference.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
All this talk about autos, DCT, or manual and I'm over here wanting a sequential manual. Am I the crazy one?

I doubt we find out what the HP number is going to be for a very long time. I bet people will be ordering this car (legitimate order banks open) before that info is released.

blk02edge

Established Member
My brothers boss races a GT4 CS. Won her class in the GT3 cup as well @ LS.

Are you going to enter any races?
Ill be doing formula ford club racing this year. The GT4 CS belongs to my buddy and the car is the "track whore" just sits there waiting for whoever to hop in and beat it up on lapping days. Buddy of mine is a 2 time gt3 cup champ and just entered the pirelli wc in the brand new Pfaff GT3R. should be good times. They probably all know eachother haha

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member

You did. I don't give respect like that. I am not that superficial.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Driving through stop and go heavy traffic has taken the joy out of shifting, especially since my track days have become rare. I agree though, having fun and enjoying a car is more than 3 pedals.

Having fun and enjoying a car is more than being the quickest to the next stoplight, too. Where's the fun in always feeling like you HAVE to be the fastest thing on the road? Seems more like anxiety to me. I much prefer actually driving my cars. I don't give a flying flip if some guy in an automatic can reach 100MPH a couple tenths faster than my car.

I have always been an auto never guy, but even I have to concede the 10spd has me considering one. ...

Excessive hype tends to do that to people.

To the argument that an auto allows you to concentrate on your line, don't forget that the manual equipped ZL1 and Z06 have repeatedly been faster around tracks than the auto equipped versions. If you can't drive, you can't drive. Transmission choice makes no difference.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

You did. I don't give respect like that. I am not that superficial.

No, I did not. Stating a fact is not the same thing as stating emotion.

I dont care about your respect or what you think is superficial.

Driving a manual will always take more skill than driving an auto.

You can kick and scream all you want, but it will never change the fact that driving a manual car takes more skill than driving an auto.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Having fun and enjoying a car is more than being the quickest to the next stoplight, too. Where's the fun in always feeling like you HAVE to be the fastest thing on the road? Seems more like anxiety to me. I much prefer actually driving my cars. I don't give a flying flip if some guy in an automatic can reach 100MPH a couple tenths faster than my car.

Excessive hype tends to do that to people.

To the argument that an auto allows you to concentrate on your line, don't forget that the manual equipped ZL1 and Z06 have repeatedly been faster around tracks than the auto equipped versions. If you can't drive, you can't drive. Transmission choice makes no difference.

The 10spd has definitely been hyped. I am going to at least go test drive and see for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread