New GT500 leak...

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
If it is real. I like it. But will be way out of my price range

blk02edge

Established Member
That is part of it, but they chose to paint the crossbar flat black instead of painted. The styling team was going for the catfish look. I think it looks better than what Chevy did with the new Camaro SS front. I stopped by the dealership today and saw a 2018 Camaro with the body color "normal" front end next to a new 2019 Camaro "black out", "Predator Mouth" one and the 2018 was better by far.

I'm not sure why this is a current fad in automotive styling. You need more square inches of air inlets, but you don't have to cut the nose off the car to do it.
That cross bar doesn't seem very big to me, might look goofy painted, either way im sure we'll see people paint those to match

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
Do you want $250k Mustangs? Cause that is how you get $250k Mustangs.
reread my posts... I said it needs to go in the direction like Mclaren with less weight and better tech... NOT A MCLAREN COMPETITOR. It's at the point where American "muscle" cars are embarrassing with their weight.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Look fantastic. Waiting to see how production numbers are and then markups.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
reread my posts... I said it needs to go in the direction like Mclaren with less weight and better tech... NOT A MCLAREN COMPETITOR. It's at the point where American "muscle" cars are embarrassing with their weight.

My point was that going that direction costs a lot of money. The car wouldn't cost 250k to go that direction but woth extensive carbon fiber use and the technology similar to what they are using, the car would cost well over 100k and then we would be bitching more because it is priced out of most of our range.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
Ford didn't make it weigh 4k+ lbs for fun... losing weight the way mclaren and the likes do costs mclaren money... calling the ZL1 1LE embarassing is a joke as they are right there and then some as most exotics and i'm sure this 500 will be beyond that

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Holy hell at the weight. It is 300lbs heavier than my ZL1.

I like it none the less. I suspect I will not like the price and I KNOW I will not like what all the greedy Ford dealers around here will want for it.

Where are you seeing the weight figures? They haven't been released yet.

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
Ford didn't make it weigh 4k+ lbs for fun... losing weight the way mclaren and the likes do costs mclaren money... calling the ZL1 1LE embarassing is a joke as they are right there and then some as most exotics and i'm sure this 500 will be beyond that
Whatever you need to tell yourself to justify 4,000 plus pounds.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I should know better than to think Ford would talk about the curb weight.... they never officially stated a curb weight for the Ford GT until after they were selling them.
Then we all found out it weighed way more than Ford was shooting for.

But I actually like what I see with the GT500 so far... but I might be in the minority

Coiled03

Established Member
Front nose sucks. What is it with everyone going to that big ol wide open mouth look.

Maybe you don't know this, but the radiator and its opening are two of the most crucial pieces of the design and they drive much of what goes on in the front of the car. The heat rejection from the engine drives the size, and type of radiator, as well as required air flow. The rest of the front end flows from that.

They could probably do a better job of integrating the looks. But the size of the radiator is determined by how much heat it has to handle.

reason4treason

Established Member
There won't be
if there is no manual now odds for it ever happening again are gonna be miniscule. i don't think Ford would risk it for the impact it would have on sales. i'd bet money there is a stick available. if not, i've got one more reason to have left this site and would never seriously consider buying a new Mustang again...and i happen to be in the market for a new vehicle at this time btw...it just won't be a Ford

Users who are viewing this thread