New GT500 Limited to 180 MPH

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Yes. You’re either a bitch or a butch. Take your pick. Ive built and Ive bought and enjoyed both. I got called a bitch for buying and it was deserved and yes i take more pride in the stuff i put my hands on

Sorry no offense but this is one of the most stupidest things guys in the car world say. And in my experience usually said by trailer boys in clapped out Camaro's. Hey that's great you built your car, much respect and you should be proud of it. But I don't come to your house and say "Nice addition but it's bought not built."", ""Oh hey nice new kitchen you just got but it ain't shit because you didn't build it""
That's a BS argument. If you're a car guy and roll up in a Mclaren or a clapped out Iroc, doesn't matter. It's all relative.

Your new model may be the cats meow until the shit box 4th gen blows your ass away or a nicely built fox shows you how it’s supposed to be done.

Been there done that. It was cool when I was 25, It was cool to be the underdog. But at my age I want both. I like to wrench on my car. But if I'm gonna drop that kind of money on a toy, paying full list it better be the baddest car in its class (ZL1, Redeye,...)
This car has offered nothing special or exciting or unique. Nothing that makes it special besides a blown Mustang with a DCT. Lame!

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
Sorry no offense but this is one of the most stupidest things guys in the car world say. And in my experience usually said by trailer boys in clapped out Camaro's. Hey that's great you built your car, much respect and you should be proud of it. But I don't come to your house and say "Nice addition but it bought not built."", ""Oh hey nice new kitchen you just got but it ain't shit because you didn't build it""
That's a BS argument. If you're a car guy and roll up in a Mclaren or a clapped out Iroc, doesn't matter. It's a relative.

Been there done that. It was cool when I was 25, It was cool to be the underdog. But at my age I want both. I like to wrench on my car. But if I'm gonna drop that kind of money on a toy, paying full list it better be the baddest car in its class (ZL1, Redeye,...)
This car has offered nothing special or exciting or unique. Nothing that makes it special besides a blown Mustang with a DCT. Lame!
You have no idea what the car is capable of yet... You are being dramatic for the sake of hating on it.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Sorry no offense but this is one of the most stupidest things guys in the car world say. And in my experience usually said by trailer boys in clapped out Camaro's. Hey that's great you built your car, much respect and you should be proud of it. But I don't come to your house and say "Nice addition but it bought not built."", ""Oh hey nice new kitchen you just got but it ain't shit because you didn't build it""
That's a BS argument. If you're a car guy and roll up in a Mclaren or a clapped out Iroc, doesn't matter. It's a relative.

All good spirits man.

We used to joke that its man made not bitch paid. All good humor dude to each his own and well wishes to those who got the benjamins to spend

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
You have no idea what the car is capable of yet... You are being dramatic for the sake of hating on it.

Everything that has been posted about it has been mediocre at best, sorry it's just the truth.
Are you going to buy one?
What about this car impresses you?

blk02edge

Established Member
Everything that has been posted about it has been mediocre at best, sorry it's just the truth.
Are you going to buy one?
What about this car impresses you?
Im not buying one due to my car hobby having shifted into actual racing and buying real estate so the money is not there, if I was I would wait out for a manual and get the non track pack. That being said, this car is absolutely impressive as it will beat the ZL1 1LE and Im sure itll edge out the redeye in a straight line, even if it only matches the redeye, it will be better than both of them as it does it all.

Just remember, you arent going to get mclaren tech for under 100k... Your expectations of performance are insane for a MUSTANG.

What do you think are realistic stats for it given that its price tag will start around 70k?

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Im not buying one due to my car hobby having shifted into actual racing and buying real estate so the money is not there, if I was I would wait out for a manual and get the non track pack. That being said, this car is absolutely impressive as it will beat the ZL1 1LE and Im sure itll edge out the redeye in a straight line, even if it only matches the redeye, it will be better than both of them as it does it all.

Just remember, you arent going to get mclaren tech for under 100k... Your expectations of performance are insane for a MUSTANG.

What do you think are realistic stats for it given that its price tag will start around 70k?

That's awesome, my closet track is NJMSP 2 1/2 hours away. And just so you know it isn't coming with a manual.
No one expects McLaren tech but I do expect more than a warmed over GT with a cool hood and a DCT. The whole thing has just seemed half baked and an afterthought.

Now what exactly are you impressed with?

blk02edge

Established Member
That's awesome, my closet track is NJMSP 2 1/2 hours away. And just so you know it isn't coming with a manual.
No one expects McLaren tech but I do expect more than a warmed over GT with a cool hood and a DCT. The whole thing has just seemed half baked and an afterthought.

Ford themselves have said a manual is possible in the next model year, how is it a warmed up GT?, shares practically nothing with a mustang gt. Engine, trans, diffs, wheels/tire size, every body panel, interior... Its all different. Shares the same overall shape, which isnt a shocker considering its still a mustang. It would be a lot easier for you to try and explain how it should have been built.

Are you impressed by the redeye? What does impress you? Lol

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
New car that has been 10yrs in the making getting drug by an old ass boat and a car you can barely see out of

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I can tell you, even if I wanted to.. I’m not getting under a car anymore.

If I have the money to pay someone.... they get paid

08mojo

Established Member

So, does that mean the gt350 is just a warmed over gt with a different engine?

If you have ever spent any amount of time behind the wheel of a gt350, you'd know it's a lot more than a "warmed over" gt. I expect a lot from the gt500 based solely on my impressions from the gt350.

If it handles/feels anything like the gt350 and brings the power along as well, the gt500 will be my next car.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

The GT500 is exciting because it will be a step up over the GT350R. It has a new generation MagnaRide, DCT, and A-Pillar forward is all new sheet metal. Moreover, it has a lot more aero for putting the power down and it has technology like active braking. The FPC is ditched for a CPC but that shouldn't deter anyone because Multimatic's GT4 Mustangs run a CPC.

The GT500 isn't for me personally. I want a track car that is NA with 6-speed. I also hate the front on the GT500 and the GT350R looks better to me. Another downside of the GT500 is that it will be heavier than the GT350R and it will chew threw tires and brakes a lot quicker. I did about 14 track days last year, so it adds up and gets expensive quick.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The GT500 is exciting because it will be a step up over the GT350R. It has a new generation MagnaRide, DCT, and A-Pillar forward is all new sheet metal. Moreover, it has a lot more aero for putting the power down and it has technology like active braking. The FPC is ditched for a CPC but that shouldn't deter anyone because Multimatic's GT4 Mustangs run a CPC.

The GT500 isn't for me personally. I want a track car that is NA with 6-speed. I also hate the front on the GT500 and the GT350R looks better to me. Another downside of the GT500 is that it will be heavier than the GT350R and it will chew threw tires and brakes a lot quicker. I did about 14 track days last year, so it adds up and gets expensive quick.
When do you get your GT350R?
I agree with you about the GT350R front end looking better than the GT500.

lilcoop03

Established Member
did you just combine relatively realistic into one word? Typo or not, I love it!

That's flat out moving at Road Atlanta on the back straight! Although, in the 80s and 90s the back straight did not have the chicane...but that's still impressive. I was hitting low 130s in a stock 2014 gt.

track up to late 90s:

View attachment 1558319

track now (turn 10 is the chicane):

View attachment 1558320

That's true. When I first started going as a kid, 10a and 10b was not there.

I can hit 160 there now, but usually cruise at 145 or so instead of killing my brakes (or myself into 10a)

IA Shelby

Established Member
This went from 0-180-0 quick...the GT500 is an embarrassment with a 180 top. Blah tire rating downforce blah. If the Jesko can produce 65,000lbs of downforce and still do 300, the GT500 should be more than able.

What do you think the additional expense would have been to Ford and ultimately the consumer to engineer, test and then produce a GT500 that goes say 205mph?

Do you think Ford will have a problem selling all GT500’s made?

I suspect the trade off of Halo impact vs expense for a struggling publically traded company wasn’t worth it.

Coiled03

Established Member

God damn I wish people would stop talking about aero on street cars. It's borderline irrelevant until near triple digits, or unless it's literally a race car where every surface has been designed to maximize it.

blk02edge

Established Member
God damn I wish people would stop talking about aero on street cars. It's borderline irrelevant until near triple digits, or unless it's literally a race car where every surface has been designed to maximize it.
Makes a huge difference if you know what you are doing on a track day... Not everyone buys these as booger pickers while they sit in traffic. Also, number one reason, magazine times are the best advertisment so people can "brag"

Users who are viewing this thread