New guy here with foxwagon project

wheelhopper

Established Member
Your neighbors must love you with car parked a the end of your driveway, with the motors and what not pulled out. My GF would also give me so much crap for that.

Looking forward to seeing the progress.

tkeinia

Established Member
look great, im a wagon fan myself but have yet to find one that the wife would let me get. she is not a fan of wagons at all. but someday

nelzsvt

Established Member
These are my current upper intake options. One was purchased off of craigs a couple of years ago and the other I had on the white car.

nelzsvt

Established Member
I've run into a small problem. The driveshaft from a 2000 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition 2wd is about a half an inch too long. I installed it with the new yoke that mates to the tremec, and I just barely got it in there. I am hopeful that I can add some distance between trans and rear to get the necessary clearance.

nelzsvt

Established Member
It's too close to being perfect! I don't think it would be worth it to shorten for half an inch. If I can find the half inch elsewhere I am going to leave the driveshaft as it is. Altering the driveshaft will be my last resort.

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
Here's my issue. I wouldn't want to modify the MOUNTING points of the rear, motor or trans in an attempt just to keep from sending out the driveshaft to a competent shop who makes them from scratch on a regular basis. Hell, on a project like this one, I'd probably send the shaft out to a GOOD well known shop that will make sure its true and balanced anyway.

nelzsvt

Established Member
Because it's an independent rear suspension the driveshaft shouldn't move in and out like it would on a solid axle rear. I think I only need like half an inch.

nelzsvt

Established Member
I am going to have to pull the powertrain in the near future. I bought an engine out of a 1995 lightning pickup truck. It's complete with gt40 cylinder heads and intakes. I am going to put a mustang cam in it. I might do the long rod build to satisfy my curiosity about it. Now the focus is on 351 swap parts int foxbody!

nelzsvt

Established Member
This is the engine out of a 1st gen lightning. I want to do my proposed long rod build! However, there is a little voice in my head telling me to do the roller cam conversion and drop this beast in there just the way it sits with the exception of a new cam. I have in my possession an e-cam and there is also the option of the 1986 speed density cam. I really don't care about top end power. Street monster. All torque. In by 5500 is fine for this build.

Users who are viewing this thread