New guy here with foxwagon project

mnewxcv

Established Member
I used the same caliper paint. its pretty durable, and the application isnt all that hard. Thin coats! :)

nelzsvt

Established Member
Brakes are back on the car. With clean rotors maybe slotted drilled or both the calipers should look pretty good. I know about the drawbacks of drilled rotors. It's just an idea for looks. 100% street car, daily driver, is the goal here.

nelzsvt

Established Member
Thank you! Hopefully they'll stay that way. I am gonna finish my roller cam conversion to the 351, button it up and throw it in there. While I know it doesn't have to be emissions compliant because of it's age, I found a stock fox body h pipe in good condition. Of course I will post pics eventually.

nelzsvt

Established Member
New pieces are an svo extender and a stock 4 catalytic h-pipe that was removed from a 1992 lx 5.0 at 4000 miles. The extender should allow some tuning ability for a normally aspirated application.

nelzsvt

Established Member
Since I am installing a roller cam 351 I needed a new distributor. In order to keep the distributor mounted tfi I used an older distributor off of eBay and swapped a roller cam gear and shaft into it.

nelzsvt

Established Member
I swapped out the pedal assembly and since I was under there I installed the necessary cobra brake booster to handle the cobra braking. Because the steering column and pedal assembly were out of the car the booster went right in. No elongating holes, and no beating on shock tower.

nelzsvt

Established Member
The mid 80's cfi system uses two fuel pumps. There is a low pressure lift pump in the tank and a higher pressure pump along the passenger side frame rail. Add to the the fuel lines are plastic the length of the car. I have to eliminate the frame pump to run dual exhaust. I also have to swap out the in tank pump with a walbro 255 LPH. You can modify the plastic lines to work with modification up front to mate them to the fuel rails, and out back to move filter and eliminate pump. The other solution is to discard and substitute lengthened mustang steel lines. The latter is obviously the easier in my opinion. I found a seller on Craig's who removed mustang lines and cleaned and painted them for use on a kit car. When he ended up fabbing lines these just sat for years in a shop!

Users who are viewing this thread