New head unit

CJW04Redfire

Established Member
Looking to get a new head unit in my 04 cobra. Still running the stock unit and it is broken....
I am looking for something with bluetooth and good sound quality along with touch screen. I have a $400-$700 price range. Thanks for you time

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Caden807

I’ll be back
Established Member
Looking to get a new head unit in my 04 cobra. Still running the stock unit and it is broken....
I am looking for something with bluetooth and good sound quality along with touch screen. I have a $400-$700 price range. Thanks for you time

I am interested in this as well. Just looked up some previous threads on this but they were taking more about de mach the sound system. Couldn’t find much on good aftermarket head unit info. Apparently the 03-04 will not switch out because of an aux button. Assuming most aftermarket will work for either though.

Sprchd83

Established Member
I have a Sony XAV-AX5000 in my '03. Double din touch screen. No cd player. Satellite compatible. Has bluetooth and two usb's. Does the trick. Used to be in the low 400s but now can be found under 400.

CJW04Redfire

Established Member
I have a Sony XAV-AX5000 in my '03. Double din touch screen. No cd player. Satellite compatible. Has bluetooth and two usb's. Does the trick. Used to be in the low 400s but now can be found under 400.
Sweet ! I am going to check one of those out today. I have heard mixed reviews on them though.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I opted to get a Pioneer NVX 1400 off crutchfield. Going through them you can return it if you wish, and you can pay $25 for a harness that fits the stock wiring harness, to include MACH 460 plugs. I paid $360 to my door, installed in 30 min.

CJW04Redfire

Established Member
Update got the sony AX5000. Installed with a dash kit. Forgot the dash kit brand but it wasn't metra. It is a pain in the BUT to get fitment correct, may just be the dash.
Audio is much much better and android auto is a cherry on top.

Users who are viewing this thread