New Jeep concept

Blown 89

Established Member
If they make that and can get their quality up from the bottom of the heap they'll have a winner

wreckit

Established Member
If they make that and can get their quality up from the bottom of the heap they'll have a winner

My thoughts exactly. I owned a Brand NEW 2014 jeep wrangler Rubicon. The quality was dumpster juice.
The electrical system was junk, the dash board ( where the head unit sits) bowed out on its on.
The lock and unlock buttons would pop out when you shut the doors.
The cigarette lighter sockets would work randomly.
If you took off the hard top, it would never reseal correctly again and would allow for leaks.

Took that junk box back after 5,000 miles. Will not buy anything jeep related again until something
worthy and reliable comes out...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Rolling through all of those photos, I do like it. At least enough to hope that it becomes a reality, with some polish here and there. It's definitely a masculine Jeep.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
It's been out since march. Like many of their other concepts, it's basically a Jeep JK with a fancy body on it.

My thoughts exactly. I owned a Brand NEW 2014 jeep wrangler Rubicon. The quality was dumpster juice.
The electrical system was junk, the dash board ( where the head unit sits) bowed out on its on.
The lock and unlock buttons would pop out when you shut the doors.
The cigarette lighter sockets would work randomly.
If you took off the hard top, it would never reseal correctly again and would allow for leaks.

Took that junk box back after 5,000 miles. Will not buy anything jeep related again until something
worthy and reliable comes out...

Eh, you bought the one Jeep model that hasn't been upgraded in 40 years. JK's are built to be utilitarian and cheap/easy to take apart. Check out a higher end Grand Cherokee and you'll change your tune.

MysticRob

Established Member
Those things bring crazy money for a clean example.

Indeed they do. A good one (with nice interior) around here is $12-15K, though a beat on one can be less than $8-10K.
I always like wood paneling, and had a nice metallic blue 86 Wagoneer (aka, Cherokee with over/under headlights) that I loved before I wiped out on a mtn freeway during first rain of the year.

Here's my Vista Cruiser dream car, of course with wood paneling:
2253386259_506504297b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread