New mach need spring opinions.....

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Alright guys I just picked up my 03 dsg mach and it is bone stock and first thing I would like to do is lower the thing. I have been between Eibach Sportlines and H&R Super Sports.

here is a photo of my 2v vert on Eibach ProKit with steeda x2 ball joints and no isos in top on front only with bilsteins on all 4 corners. I want mach to sit lower then this by just a little.

20130621_180130_zpsd8fbee3b.jpg

stock mach for reference

20131125_181456_zpsb6954dd0.jpg

Any photos would be appreciated of machs on H&R or Sportlines with isos preferable since i prefer to keep ride decent. And I am swapping Bilsteins over to mach since they only had a few miles on them and I already took off and cleaned rears and they look brand new again! :banana:

starnsey

Established Member
Bilsteins with H&R SSs without isolators. The lack of isolators won't create a noticeable ride difference. Did this in my GT and the stance and ride was perfect. Can't show anything on my Mach since it's on coilovers though.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Bilsteins with H&R SSs without isolators. The lack of isolators won't create a noticeable ride difference. Did this in my GT and the stance and ride was perfect. Can't show anything on my Mach since it's on coilovers though.
i noticed a difference when i removed top isos on my gt with pro kit and bilsteins. but you think on the mach i wont? but yes i love the bilsteins lol

starnsey

Established Member
i noticed a difference when i removed top isos on my gt with pro kit and bilsteins. but you think on the mach i wont? but yes i love the bilsteins lol

Well I guess that can always be subjective. I never heard any additional creaking or metal to metal noise and I thought the ride was fine for DD duties, plus the stance looked freakin sweet. But obviously, you gotta be the one to decide which way to go. Maybe its worse on a convertible or something.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Well I guess that can always be subjective. I never heard any additional creaking or metal to metal noise and I thought the ride was fine for DD duties, plus the stance looked freakin sweet. But obviously, you gotta be the one to decide which way to go. Maybe its worse on a convertible or something.

I didn't hear anything just felt harsher and the mach isn't a daily so I could maybe live with a little rougher. I love the stance on yours though. And I heard h&r ride better and sit just as low. I want it to sit pretty close to yours

starnsey

Established Member
My current setup is Vogtland IRS rear springs and MM front coil overs. However, this is my GT that had the H&R SS springs with no isos in front and only stock lower isos in rear which creates a similar stance.

9Insl.jpg

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
My current setup is Vogtland IRS rear springs and MM front coil overs. However, this is my GT that had the H&R SS springs with no isos in front and only stock lower isos in rear which creates a similar stance.

9Insl.jpg

Posted via Topify on Android

Looks good any photos of it with isos? Lol

Swetrid

Established Member
I just installed the Sportlines on Saturday without the lower isolators on the front and rear. It doesn't ride any stiffer then stock to me and has no additional noise. It did lower the front 1 1/2 inch and the rear 1 inch.

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
Excuse the poor quality iphone pic

1403617_10103300477483483_1220190025_o.jpg

I installed Steeda Sport Springs on my Mach with no isolators. I wrapped the top and bottom of each spring with rubber splicing tape. The ride is just fine and there is no additional noise from not having the isolator on. I would recommend keeping them off.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Excuse the poor quality iphone pic

1403617_10103300477483483_1220190025_o.jpg

I installed Steeda Sport Springs on my Mach with no isolators. I wrapped the top and bottom of each spring with rubber splicing tape. The ride is just fine and there is no additional noise from not having the isolator on. I would recommend keeping them off.
doesnt look bad. got a friend that has an 01 gt with steeda springs and no isos and he swears by them lol

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
doesnt look bad. got a friend that has an 01 gt with steeda springs and no isos and he swears by them lol

I like the steeda springs. I got 1.5 inches in the front and just under that in the rear. I like the way the car sits and rides. I have a pair of deep dish mach wheels to put on the back next spring. I am looking forward to seeing how those along with some 315 tires will fill out the back wheel well. It does not look the best with the current 17x8's.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I like the steeda springs. I got 1.5 inches in the front and just under that in the rear. I like the way the car sits and rides. I have a pair of deep dish mach wheels to put on the back next spring. I am looking forward to seeing how those along with some 315 tires will fill out the back wheel well. It does not look the best with the current 17x8's.
cool and the 315 going to rub or have to roll fenders?

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
cell pic of my sons Mach next to my Cobra. he's on H&R SS, i'm on Steeda... i'll be going H&R this winter.

i'll grab some better pics tomorrow.

1F565D06-8621-4B39-8EF4-6CBCA7334631-10888-000004C631CBFCFB_zpsa354cf99.jpg

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
Mach on H&R SS, 17" reps; Cobra on Steeda, 18" SVE...

119_zpsaef2981d.jpg

128_zpsb24feeae.jpg

129_zps076d3f1d.jpg

122_zps042a34c0.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread