New Market Rules

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
This Goes Full Blown On March 1st

We will be adding these new rules for the "Market" over the next few days. Please take the time to read them.
These will not pertain to any existing threads already in place.
Vendors may post your products in multiple sections.
Thank you,
SVTPerformance Staff
I highly suggest not using Imgur, because they suck and have have blocked this website. If you use them, your post will be deleted because your pictures will not show up.
Here's a good example.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...302R-Heads-lightly-used-1600-miles&highlight=
Help with pictures.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...n-Posting-Pictures&highlight=posting+pictures
Please Read this Too.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1105893-Attention-all-forum-members

1) This section is for posting your own items. Third party sales, such as “I’m posting for a friend”, or “look what I found on eBay” are not allowed.
2) Prices are mandatory.
3) No “testing the waters”. You are either selling your item or you’re not.
4) No cross posting. Posting your item in multiple sections will result in ALL your threads for that item being removed.
5) External links such as, Ebay, Auto Trader, Craigslist, etc will be allowed at the bottom of your thread as long as you meet all the other requirements.
6) Photos of the item are required.
7) At least one photo must include your username and date, handwritten, on a piece of paper or index card with one of your items.
8) Comments about the price or condition of an item are prohibited so long as that information has been disclosed by the seller.
Express your concerns privately if you think the price is too high.
9) Do not completely edit out your original post after the item is sold. If you do, we will put it back and quote it. You may, and please do add "Sold" to it though. This helps with market pricing and evaluation for the other members.
Failure to follow any of the above rules will result in the immediate removal of your thread. If your thread is removed, there will be no notification or explanation sent. You may re-post the item, providing your new thread conforms to the rules stated above, however failure to re-post in accordance of the rules may result in a suspension or removal of your Market privileges. All other SVTPerformance Forum Rules still apply.

This is not a rule, simply advice as scammers have been searching lately.
It is strongly advised to not buy from someone through PM only. If they respond to a WTB add then make them do so publicly.
It is also strongly advised to not post your number in a WTB thread where someone who is not a member can contact you on the side.
You are opening yourself up for scammers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Should the photo of the username and and date be taken with the item for sale in view?

I think these rules will help a lot.

yabbaz

Established Member
Yeah the name and date in the photo should definitely help out with people getting scammed and stuff like that.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
if youre selling a set of gt500 wheels they will also fit new mustangs and S197s and there's 3 different sections with their own wheels/tires. just pick one?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
if youre selling a set of gt500 wheels they will also fit new mustangs and S197s and there's 3 different sections with their own wheels/tires. just pick one?

That's correct Steve, but you being a vendor may post your products in multiple sections.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
There is no reason, in 2016 that someone should have an excuse about not being able to post a current picture of said sale item. Almost everyone has a camera on there phone that is capable of uploading it to the internet. I've never understood people who don't post pictures or you have to email/text them for one. That rule along with having to include a price are good ones.:thumbsup:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
One thing I have seen and liked on a few other forums is a format at the top of each ad. Each add starts like this:
Year
Make/Model/options
Trans
Miles
Price

Makes it really easy to see if you're interested before reading half the ad to find the info.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yeah, but the market here is pretty specific so it shouldn't be a issue. Sorry I'm plugging up the first page with new threads, lol.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
There is no reason, in 2016 that someone should have an excuse about not being able to post a current picture of said sale item. Almost everyone has a camera on there phone that is capable of uploading it to the internet. I've never understood people who don't post pictures or you have to email/text them for one. That rule along with having to include a price are good ones.:thumbsup:

This, and dont hand me that you dont have anywhere to host. Every cell phone nowadays is 1 of 3 big names (Apple, Google, Microsoft) which all have their own huge ass cloud storage. I havent used photobucket/imageshack in the better half of a decade.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
This, and dont hand me that you dont have anywhere to host. Every cell phone nowadays is 1 of 3 big names (Apple, Google, Microsoft) which all have their own huge ass cloud storage. I havent used photobucket/imageshack in the better half of a decade.

imgur is also a great image hosting tool.

Users who are viewing this thread