New member Introduction.

Steve96cobra

Established Member
Hey everyone, Ive been lurking for years, figured its time join and introduce myself.
I have had several sn95s over the years, but they were all gt’s so never became a member here. But I now have my second 96 cobra, first one totaled about 2 years ago, and my replacement is another 96. Which I have had about two years now.
Started mostly out stock with 50,000 miles.
Had KB springs and connectors but thats it.
Since purchase shes now pretty dialed in, with MM parts. I ground off the KB connectors, They were cut halfway at trans cross member. Replaced with MM full length. it has complete MM set up except the k member and a arms.
All work i did myself on jack stands.
Torque arm, panhard, rear lower arms, Current gen MM coilovers. MM caster camber plates. MM Solid steering shaft, aluminum rack bushings. MM K member brace. MM 6 point cage, Cobra suzuka seats on Planted seat mounts, Crow harness.
T56 from an 03 cobra, Drive Shat Shop aluminum driveshaft. Stifflers trans cross member.
Motor is stock except it has the no longer available Steeda manual Timing adjuster kit.
Exhaust is, stock headers, bassani catted xpipe, flow master cat back.
Thanks for all your insight and info over the years.

Attachments

• 8C9703FD-FCED-487E-9E8F-7C722E882A1E.jpeg
    8C9703FD-FCED-487E-9E8F-7C722E882A1E.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 50DC668E-A4AE-4850-8939-B6FD72ECF5CE.jpeg
    50DC668E-A4AE-4850-8939-B6FD72ECF5CE.jpeg
    907.5 KB · Views: 126

Steve96cobra

Established Member
I find them comfortable, but i have the medium thick seat bottom cushion. There are 3 options of seat cushion thickness. they are narrow though, my waist is 30 and fit me perfectly. They make a wide version also “GT”.

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
Welcome!!

Looks like you are to fit in well here if you went from one 96 right into another.

Car looks awesome! How do you like the 6 speed t56 vs when you drive with the 5 before? How did it fit other than having to change the drive shaft length?

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Steve96cobra

Established Member
Thanks, I love the “feel” of the t56 shift engagement. Solid...
The t56 was first in the totaled car. That car had stock gears and the t56 was way too tall for those gears.
Then put it in my next 96 Which had 373 gears already. That was a great set up. But a little tall. Great highway set up for sure 80mph at 2500rpm.
Since i have put in 410 gears and find it to be a great compromise for highway vrs stoplight.
As far as comparing to the 5 speed if you gear down either one that extra gear is great on highway. For me it just “feels” superior.

Steve96cobra

Established Member
Oh and fit perfectly, just need correct drive shaft and relocate the stock trans cross member or get the stifflers One for this application which uses stock mounting locations so you dont have to cut off and move / reweld etc. stifflers was the solution and upgrade

Steve96cobra

Established Member
Ya i should fit in lol, this is my 5th sn95 over the years!. Im 46 my first one was a 95gt probably in 1999.
All of tgem had this or that I modified but never was able to afford All the MM parts back then. This is my first one with all the parts I always wanted back in the dayk member is the last one I need to check off list!

Boosted08

Established Member
Can you tell me more about your impressions with the MM suspension vs stock setup?
I’m about to order MM Coilover front/rear, Koni, CC plates and rear LCA.
What shocks/struts are you using and what spring rates?

Steve96cobra

Established Member
The difference is night and day. Its a whole different car. It is supurb. Most important is fixing the rear. If you cant agford whole rear kit start with the panhard bar. That is the most important upgrade. Once uou get the torque arm and remove the upper control arms it’s dramatically different and better then stock.
I have the current MM black struts and shocks with the sp1 valving.
Spring rates:
Front 375
Rear 250

Steve96cobra

Established Member
Can you tell me more about your impressions with the MM suspension vs stock setup?
I’m about to order MM Coilover front/rear, Koni, CC plates and rear LCA.
What shocks/struts are you using and what spring rates?
If you haven’t purchased the Konis yet i would look at MM struts and shocks. They are bilstiens Built By bilstien to custom specs for MM. Konis are good too.

Users who are viewing this thread