New member picked up a Terminator

Cos

Established Member
Picked up a 2003 Terminator on Monday. Absolutely love it! Drove 1000km so far and that is working a lot already. Got a great deal on the thing and am so happy I pulled the plug. I went for a drive and totally missed my turn because I was so into the experience so I had to drive another 100km to get home. Haha

Has just over 100,000 miles (160,000km) and seems to drive good. Found a couple things that need to be cleaned up. The headlights are dull and need to be cleaned or replaced. The belt for the supercharger is too small and squeaks. The headrest/seat filler in the back was broken by the previous owner.

I also own a 2007 F150 so I am turning into a bit of a Ford fanboy.

I dont know a ton about it yet except what was in the ad:
Stage 4 Ported Eaton Blower
2.9 upper pulley and 2lb lower pulley (running around 14psi)
New alternator pulley
MAF.ia
Kenne Bell BAP
Ford GT Supercar pumps
PPRV Delete
39lb injectors
Borla catback system
Nearly new Nittos all around. 275 upfront and 285 in the back
Steeda rear diff brace
Baer bumpsteer kit
Maximum motorsports steering rack bushings
SCT Xcal3 Tuner
Dyno tuned by Matt from the Mustang shop
440rwhp, 470rwtq

Going to have read up on some of what this means. Haha. And obligatory pics. Cant wait to learn more and get some more seat time in the badboy!

2011-10-17170119.gif

IMG_0267.gif

DSC_0240.gif

kyhemi-dart

03 Zinc Cobra
Established Member
Nice ride man. Id say go have it retuned tho, with a upper and a lower on a ported car you should be making more than 440 rwhp

Cos

Established Member
Nice! Love the redfire.

Thanks! I love the Red too. I took that white decal off. LOVE your ride. I now know what the 10th anniversary's look like. I have never seen one before.

Nice ride man. Id say go have it retuned tho, with a upper and a lower on a ported car you should be making more than 440 rwhp

I will get to know it and do it right. Ill be honest I dont even know what the lower pully is. Also not sure the alternator size. I need to get a bit more comfortable with it before I go all buck crazy.

First four things to do? The Hilton Gauge mod, replace the two belts, and fix the interior trim pieces. After that I will see. Oh also it has a K&N Intake and a MAF that I THINK it by Diablo as I think it is their symbol but I dont know. I do need to get a different exhaust then the Borla though. Although it sounds good sometimes it drones really really bad in the interior.

This is my first S/C'd vehicle so there are a few things I am not used to and I like this car too much to go crazy into it without really knowing what the heck I am doing.

Last edited:

deadhorse

WCMF-38
Established Member
congrats man , alot of red Terminators heading out that way lol, pritty sure i ve seen one of you go buy lol,,,got a love alberta with ther no front plate rule ,,,lucky buggers, enjoy the new ride.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Really nice clean car. Curious why HP is just a little on the lowerside. Still darn good for 100K Terminator though.

*SVT*

What next?
Established Member
Lookin good. Did you install the boost overlay yourself? Does it look just like the factory guages? I'm wanting to do this also.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice looking Cobra. Congratulations. Redfire is really a nice color.

I'm thinking it may have a 91 octane tune. Nice mods.

Cos

Established Member
Yeah it is a 91 tune (we only really have 91 up here besides the odd 94 which is blended POS) It was a mustang dyno, it was also dyno'd on a dynojet and it gave out 470hp. Also our elevation is similar to Denver, CO so we lose a lot due to atmosphere. Obviously at 14psi it isnt nearly as bad as a NA car but...

Also the Stage 4 port was information from the previous owner who didnt even send the blower away. If I had to guess it is a Stage 1 port on it. I was also told they swapped injectors out but that wasnt true either. I think the mods are a lot more calm then I originally thought.

Overall I am happy with the performance.

Thanks for the comments. I absolutely love the car.

Lookin good. Did you install the boost overlay yourself? Does it look just like the factory guages? I'm wanting to do this also.

I like it, hardest part for me was to remove the cluster. I never actually ended up getting it out. You dont NEED to take it out. I havent been able to calibrate it now. That is the issue. Not a big deal to me as I am putting in A-Pillar gauges soon and one will be vac/boost so I can compare.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread