Ken Rogers

Established Member
Hello all. I just joined. I recently traded in my '06 GTO for a '14 GT500. I know, Pontiac to Ford, but I've always loved the 2013-14 GT500. Mine is blk/blk with the blk stripes. I absolutely love it, and the difference between it and my former mod. GTO are night and day. I just wish the weather here in Ohio would cooperate so I could drive more! Of course, I have major plans, but just started with replacing the stock Goodyears and adding Kooks axle backs for now. The Kooks don't sound as aggressive as on my GTO, so now I'm looking at an off road mid pipe. Anyway, I look forward to learning from you all!

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome, what part of Ohio? I want a 13-14 GT500 in the worst way. Have to get the female side of the family to give the go ahead....hence why I don't have it yet.

Ken Rogers

Established Member
Welcome, what part of Ohio? I want a 13-14 GT500 in the worst way. Have to get the female side of the family to give the go ahead....hence why I don't have it yet.
Thank you! Columbus, actually northwest side in Dublin. I had to drive all the way to Chicago to get the color combo I wanted, but well worth it. I understand. I'm not married yet, so I got the toy first so no arguments later with the car already in the family!

Ken Rogers

Established Member
Looks nice Ken. You'll have a lot more fun with that than the GTO. :D
Yes, absolutely. Already VERY happy about the trade up. GTO had cam, full bolt-ons and still not even close. It had 434 RWH, so not close to my new toy. It did sound nasty though. I have to pay close attention now though, because she can get me to go to jail speeds before I realize, easily.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you. Took me a while to find it. I wanted this exactly, except it doesn't have the Recaros, but I don't miss them and certainly wasn't a deal breaker.
That's awesome man.
I was looking at a 2013 GT500 about a year ago, but it was a 3 owner car, which turned me off. Car was beautiful with super low miles, clean Carfax and still stock.

Ken Rogers

Established Member
That's awesome man.
I was looking at a 2013 GT500 about a year ago, but it was a 3 owner car, which turned me off. Car was beautiful with super low miles, clean Carfax and still stock.
I hear you. I'd get a little wary with a car that's only 4 years old with 3+ owners also. Mine was at a dealership, still stock. I have to be careful what I do, because they gave me a 3 year warranty and I don't want to break it. Might hold off on the mid pipes. I know Ford can be picky on warranties on these with mods done. Besides, she's more than enough for me now and very few try to play with her. Almost everyone knows what these are. The GTO kind of had a stealth factor until you heard it. Many were unfamiliar with that. I enjoy the 'fear factor' she has (GT500), because now I can enjoy a drive without everyone in a flat black '90s Integra, etc. wanting to race.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I hear you. I'd get a little wary with a car that's only 4 years old with 3+ owners also. Mine was at a dealership, still stock. I have to be careful what I do, because they gave me a 3 year warranty and I don't want to break it. Might hold off on the mid pipes. I know Ford can be picky on warranties on these with mods done. Besides, she's more than enough for me now and very few try to play with her. Almost everyone knows what these are. The GTO kind of had a stealth factor until you heard it. Many were unfamiliar with that. I enjoy the 'fear factor' she has (GT500), because now I can enjoy a drive without everyone in a flat black '90s Integra, etc. wanting to race.
lol
Yeah,.....those pesky warranties. lol The GT500 is beastly and should hold you over till the warranty ends. Just continue to save for mods within that time period. Win-win!

Ken Rogers

Established Member
That's awesome man.
Ironically, there was one a mile up the road from me. Exact same options but with the other (dual 5 spoke) wheels. Low miles (8,000). I passed on that and drove to Chicago because the one up the road had 3 owners.

Ken Rogers

Established Member
lol
Yeah,.....those pesky warranties. lol The GT500 is beastly and should hold you over till the warranty ends. Just continue to save for mods within that time period. Win-win!
Already planned. Saving for the Kenne Bell 4.3 and con rods as we speak. I'll just buy my list and install after the 3 years!

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you! Columbus, actually northwest side in Dublin. I had to drive all the way to Chicago to get the color combo I wanted, but well worth it. I understand. I'm not married yet, so I got the toy first so no arguments later with the car already in the family!

I lived in Dayton when I was a little kid, before it went to shit.

I get married in a month. I made sure to get two Cobras before I had to really answer to anyone. Getting the next ones are going to be a challenge.....challenge.....challenger.....hellcat....challenger hellcat! Now I want a challenger hellcat too. She is going to just have to deal with my car obsession.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Ironically, there was one a mile up the road from me. Exact same options but with the other (dual 5 spoke) wheels. Low miles (8,000). I passed on that and drove to Chicago because the one up the road had 3 owners.
Too funny. lol
It wasn't a Track Pac car with those wheels then. The one I was looking at was Ruby Red with white stripes. PP and Track Pac car.
You made the right choice bro.

Ken Rogers

Established Member
I lived in Dayton when I was a little kid, before it went to shit.

I get married in a month. I made sure to get two Cobras before I had to really answer to anyone. Getting the next ones are going to be a challenge.....challenge.....challenger.....hellcat....challenger hellcat! Now I want a challenger hellcat too. She is going to just have to deal with my car obsession.
I know about Dayton. Was there for 4 years when my dad was in the Air Force. It was bad then too. You know, I was toying with Hellcats. Nice car, sounds wicked, but just too big for my tastes. Something to be respected though! I've seen a couple around here. Definitely nice. I'm the same. Mine knows my obsession. She's not too happy now because I'm so focused on my car. I told her at least it's a car addiction, and not something worse!

Ken Rogers

Established Member
Too funny. lol
It wasn't a Track Pac car with those wheels then. The one I was looking at was Ruby Red with white stripes. PP and Track Pac car.
You made the right choice bro.
See, that's why I was anxious to join. I didn't know that. I know there are many here with so much knowledge. I know mine has the PP. Drove half way home from Chicago before I figured out the suspension was set on track! Felt every bump and the car was FAR more responsive than I was used to! Didn't really mind, as I've always had a toy. No worse than a previous WS6 I owned to my memory, though. But still! Set it to normal and enjoyed the rest of the drive!

Users who are viewing this thread