Dragfan

Established Member
Been doing a lot of reading on here for the last 2-3 weeks. Lots to read lol. Like many of
you I've owned many Mustangs over the last 40 years. 1964 1/2 to 2019. But just got my
first GT500. 2014 GT500 with 2500 mi, I love it, it's got some torque. lol Previous owner
done a JLT intake, upper pulley and tune. Don't know the HP, from what I've been reading
maybe 675 RWHP? My first supercharger. Only thing I think I my do to it is a gear change
and maybe a TB, again just what I've read I thinking about the Cobra jet 65 mm. I called
the man who tuned it and
002.JPG
003.JPG
007.JPG
027.JPG
029.JPG
034.JPG
he said changing the TB wasn't worth it, so I don't know.
Anyway just saying Hi, I'm sure I'll have some question about it. I'll try to post picture if
I can figure out how to do it.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats on your purchase, looks super clean, and yes adding a VMP twin 67mm T/B will pick up some decent power with a proper retune..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wouldn't rush to make any major engine mods right away, not if you believe you're already in the 675rwhp range. Enjoy what you have and then take your time deciding what you really want, power/performance wise. I know if that was my own GT-500, I'd be VERY pleased with where the power is right now.

Does it have the factory exhaust?

Congratulations on finding such a nice, low mileage GT-500. The previous owner took good care of it and obviously didn't drive it much.

44shelby

Established Member
Been doing a lot of reading on here for the last 2-3 weeks. Lots to read lol. Like many of
you I've owned many Mustangs over the last 40 years. 1964 1/2 to 2019. But just got my
first GT500. 2014 GT500 with 2500 mi, I love it, it's got some torque. lol Previous owner
done a JLT intake, upper pulley and tune. Don't know the HP, from what I've been reading
maybe 675 RWHP? My first supercharger. Only thing I think I my do to it is a gear change
and maybe a TB, again just what I've read I thinking about the Cobra jet 65 mm. I called
the man who tuned it andView attachment 1696542 View attachment 1696543 View attachment 1696544 View attachment 1696545 View attachment 1696546 View attachment 1696547 he said changing the TB wasn't worth it, so I don't know.
Anyway just saying Hi, I'm sure I'll have some question about it. I'll try to post picture if
I can figure out how to do it.

a throttle body is a solid 15-20 hp at the tire modification. I actually have a twin 65 that im not going to use as I went with a xba and kenne bell throttle body set up if you are interested in it shoot me a message ill make you a deal on it. It looks to be a clean car enjoy.

ToddW702

Established Member
Good looking GT500. Congrats. Have fun with it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Dragfan

Established Member
Thanks for the nice comments. Yes it does still have the factory exhaust. He did take very good care of it, still looks like new underneath. It has all options except glass roof, although what I'll do with it I wish it didn't have
the track package. I think that was probably good advise to just drive it some and enjoy before making to many changes.

Dragfan

Established Member
Extra weight, just more to go wrong, oil left in lines and coolers when changed. For just street driving and maybe a trip once a year to local dragstrip for test and tune is all I'll do with it.
Like now I'm changing the gear, have a couple of lines to deal with, that's no big deal I know but in my opinion I don't need it, don't see any pros for it. But I sure love the car, if you can
find a 7 yr old car and that's the worst thing about it, then I'm a happy camper! Loving that driveshaft. lol

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Extra weight, just more to go wrong, oil left in lines and coolers when changed. For just street driving and maybe a trip once a year to local dragstrip for test and tune is all I'll do with it.
Like now I'm changing the gear, have a couple of lines to deal with, that's no big deal I know but in my opinion I don't need it, don't see any pros for it. But I sure love the car, if you can
find a 7 yr old car and that's the worst thing about it, then I'm a happy camper! Loving that driveshaft. lol
You're probably right about not "needing" it for street driving and an occasional trip to the strip. IMO, the extra weight (probably less than 50lbs) and oil left in the lines and coolers (no more than a quart) are negligible. You can't have too much cooling with these cars and I've never had any problem with my SVTTP. Based on the number of reports I've read about whine after changing gears, I'd be more worried about that, if you're not accomplishing it as part of a 9" rear upgrade.

I certainly agree with your closing sentiment, however. You appear to have found very well maintained/preserved (almost new) car. Enjoy it!

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member

I ordered my 14 and specifically didn't order the TP for the reasons you stated. And, it was $3,000 more on the window sticker as well. You won't miss it and may even avoid a leak or two.

Beautiful car and great color combo.

Tom

RockChalk

Established Member
Congratulations! I am leaving mine as it is. We did swap out the Cobra Jet lowering springs for the stock springs. I hated bottoming out all the time. Hated it. Looked good but not worth destroying my front spoiler/splitter. They are not cheap when you get a replacement from Ford.

RockChalk

Established Member
Congratulations! I am leaving mine as it is. We did swap out the Cobra Jet lowering springs for the stock springs. I hated bottoming out all the time. Hated it. Looked good but not worth destroying my front spoiler/splitter. They are not cheap when you get a replacement from Ford.

Dragfan

Established Member
I ordered my 14 and specifically didn't order the TP for the reasons you stated. And, it was $3,000 more on the window sticker as well. You won't miss it and may even avoid a leak or two.

Tom
Thanks Tom. I sold my 2019 GT350 with 2800 mi and bought this one, Basically just traded, I'm more of a straight line guy and like the older look. I was very uneasy about trading my new one to an older one,
but after finding this one that was in just as good condition and even less mi I was very happy with it. I have nothing bad to say about the GT350, very nice car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Tom
Just to clarify, @Dragfan's GT-500 DOES have the Track Pack. He was saying that he wished it DIDN'T have the Track Pack.

Users who are viewing this thread