New Metallica album droppin and new tour!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Those guys became too soft over the years.

agreed but also think much heavier stuff has gone mainstream which kind of amplifies that. I saw their Zazula tribute show a few weeks back with just stuff off the first two albums and it was awesome.

regardless of the new stuff being softer, they still put on a killer live show. I grabbed my presale code, gonna try to snag tickets to the Texas show next August.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Let Hammett rip on the guitar with drums and bass as support and the lyrics don’t even matter. I do like the tempo of it, see if it carries through on the album.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Let Hammett rip on the guitar with drums and bass as support and the lyrics don’t even matter. I do like the tempo of it, see if it carries through on the album.
Robert is pretty solid on bass...i saw them with them Newstead and Robert and both kicked ass...i wasnt fortunate enough to see em with Cliff Burton

And yes they put on a very good and tight show

TXRickC

Established Member
I lost interest after Reload/Garage Days/S&M.
I really like Hardwired

Also snagged my presale code, gonna try and snag some for St Louis. I have a feeling since half the dates are 2024 that they will be doing other single/traditional tour dates in between.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I really like Hardwired

Also snagged my presale code, gonna try and snag some for St Louis. I have a feeling since half the dates are 2024 that they will be doing other single/traditional tour dates in between.
Saw a response from their IG account they will not be doing other headlining tours and MIGHT perform at a festival/show here and there

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Some of the heavy bands many of us grew up with need to bow out gracefully rather than never-ending tour after tour. Maybe not so much Metallica (though they became civilized) but bands like KISS, Motley Crew, etc.., need to learn when to say when.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Id rather just hear the OLD stuff remastered..... Wasnt really feeling that. Trying to re-invent urself at this age will make you sound like Bonjovi now sounds smh.

Its too "Rock". Metallica is Metal not rock. This hybrid stuff doesnt appeal to me.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
got my "One" package ticket for the Dallas show next year, which I didnt think was gonna happen after I was sitting in the presale line for almost 30 minutes before it got to me.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Some of the heavy bands many of us grew up with need to bow out gracefully rather than never-ending tour after tour. Maybe not so much Metallica (though they became civilized) but bands like KISS, Motley Crew, etc.., need to learn when to say when.

I disagree with KISS. I saw them for the first time about a year ago and they were great. Vince Neil hasn't had a decent voice since, well forever. The Crue needs to find someone from a cover band like Journey did to keep that train running.

As someone who remembers when Ride the Lightning was the new Metallica album, I'd like to believe they can recapture the magic, but the chances are slim. My first concert was Metallica with Burton opening for Ozzy. It was pretty surreal as we lined up to go into the Cow Palace. On one side was a special area where us 14 year olds could finish our bottle of Jack before entering the venue, and on the other were the Christian Coalition telling us all we were going to hell. Cops were standing there watching everything. Good times.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Where's the thrash? They sound like dad rock now.

Never considered in the big 4 thrash bands, but imo Testament is the king of thrash, putting out some of their best thrash in recent years:

Man, I'm with you all the way. Testament has always been my favorite Thrash Metal Band (My favorite band period!!!)! They should have been in the big 4 and you can remove any of the current big 4 bands and give their spot to Testament as far as I'm concerned LOL.

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
As someone who remembers when Ride the Lightning was the new Metallica album, I'd like to believe they can recapture the magic, but the chances are slim. My first concert was Metallica with Burton opening for Ozzy. It was pretty surreal as we lined up to go into the Cow Palace. On one side was a special area where us 14 year olds could finish our bottle of Jack before entering the venue, and on the other were the Christian Coalition telling us all we were going to hell. Cops were standing there watching everything. Good times.
Yep, I can remember that too.

BTW, your story reminded me of this. Man, these were great concert days \m/......

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Def sounds better than most of their work after the Black Album. Nothing will be as killer as Am I evil, Blitzkrieg or anything from back then. Was amazing growing up with them coming out with that shit. One of my fav shirts in early high school was a Ride The Lightning shirt.

EDIT.....fav Jam!!!

Last edited:

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Paul Stanley's voice has been questionable for a while and the current personnel makes the band a mere step above a tribute band. Thayer is a good guitarist but look where he came from. Singer was a great addition after Carr died though unfortunately Simmons and Stanley tossed him away like a used napkin when they saw dollar signs from the inevitable reunion back in 1996. He's a good drummer and singer though and for whatever reason came back after being shylocked.

KISS used to put on a damn good show even up to and including the Psycho Circus tour but it has become very predictable. One can almost recite Stanley's interaction with the crowd verbatim. A supposed end of the road tour and they can't put differences aside and bring in the players who made the band what it is rather than using, well, stand-in's? If Criss and Ace couldn't join for the last tour, give new personas to the fill ins. It goes without saying Criss is easily replaceable. His drumming was never good to begin with but you can't replace Frehley.

Users who are viewing this thread