New Netgear R8000 Router

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Total beast. My old R7000 just wasn’t giving good speeds wireless anymore. Wired, it was fine. I was getting around 25ish on the download. I guess between the phones, Roku’s and a few other devices it just wasn’t cutting it.
These are all from my phone, and can’t wait to try it on my laptop when I bring it home for the weekend. I really like the tri-band for putting different devices on different bands. One of the tests was from the router, and they other the speed test app.
I pay for 105.

IMG_3050.JPG

IMG_3052.JPG

IMG_3053.JPG

Sent from somewhere

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Check out the eero wi-fi product line. I switched from a Netgear R7000 Nighthawk to the eero (3 devices) that completely covers all 3 floors at home. I forget it's even there. It's a more expensive setup than a tradition router like Netgear, but I have zero dead spots (low signal strength) and their customer service is U.S. based and awesome.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Check out the eero wi-fi product line. I switched from a Netgear R7000 Nighthawk to the eero (3 devices) that completely covers all 3 floors at home. I forget it's even there. It's a more expensive setup than a tradition router like Netgear, but I have zero dead spots (low signal strength) and their customer service is U.S. based and awesome.
This covers a 3,500 SQ FT house (mine's like 2,400) Bob, and has made a huge difference in the Roku TV's in the bedrooms.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
In today's world that speed isn't that good honestly. What's the claimed speed of your ISP?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not bad Brad...
0ab7131977db8baedd83fefebf46f926.jpg

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
That's actually at my house! Same ISP though.

Nice!

Business account though, right? Otherwise, those uploads are insane for a home account.

I work from home and get compensated (partly) for my internet. I've looked into getting an actual business line for my house, but my current one has been more than adequate. I even have the choice to upgrade to a 1 Gbps home line, but can't justify it right now.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice!

Business account though, right? Otherwise, those uploads are insane for a home account.

I work from home and get compensated (partly) for my internet. I've looked into getting an actual business line for my house, but my current one has been more than adequate. I even have the choice to upgrade to a 1 Gbps home line, but can't justify it right now.

Negative, home account. It is a 1Gbps line though.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ah, ok.

I guess that's another thing that nudges me towards putting in for that Gigabit line.

With that being said, I can stream 4K all day with my current setup, so no rush.

It's pretty awesome. We only pay $100 a month for it or so?

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
My R7000 won't be the limitation for a good while with only a 18 mbps DSL connection....usually averages somewhere between <1 to 5 mpbs lol. Still enough to stream HD netflix/youtube, etc but hope another choice comes out here eventually.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Lol.
This is honestly plenty for now. Wish we had fiber here. Comcast is basically the only option. I am due for a upgrade since my 2 year deal expired, so I may see what they have to offer speed wise.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Lol.
This is honestly plenty for now. Wish we had fiber here. Comcast is basically the only option. I am due for a upgrade since my 2 year deal expired, so I may see what they have to offer speed wise.

Just come live in my basement.

Users who are viewing this thread