New New.

Jkins911

Hey y’all. So I recently just bought a 97 COBRA. I am decently mechanically inclined but I have a few questions in regards to my car. I’ll give a brief overview of upgraded parts. BBK long Tube headers, BBK off road X pipe, magna flow exhaust, 4:10 rear end, Adjustable fuel pressure regulator, new clutch cable and quadrant, hurst short throw, SCT X4 tuber, 93 Octane tune, MSD Coils, new IAC , MAF. TPS, K&N Air filter, lowered, Optima red top battery, changed all fluid’s rear end transmission and oil to royal purple, 340LPH fuel pump, MGK G power Plugs, 18 inch rims all around with 18X10 in the rear. Obviously The motor has 86,000 miles body has 126XXX. I scooped up the car for 2800 bucks a few weeks ago and have dumped quite a bit of cash into it as you can tail. Now here is my question. When I first got the car it felt very peppy lots of power now all of a sudden it feels like I’m lacking the power and really have no idea why. Everything is new. Even adjusted the fuel pressure regulator properly through the Schrader valve Bought new plugs for new wires MSD coil’s. I did have a IMRC code come up but then went away so I’m a little lost here. I also had some idle/RPM hang but again adjusted and tweak some things and got that under control but with the loss of power I can’t figure it out. My mid range and high rpm power is there it’s just my low end That feels like it’s going away. It also kind of feels like it’s stuttering. When you get in on the gas it comes gonna come goes when the power kicks in and it’s all good I shift gears and it slows up again. This is my first Mustang I’ve ever owned so I’m just a little confused and concerned. Any information will help and will be much appreciated. Thank you

Papaw

Established Member
Poor low end power that builds through the midrange and comes on strong in high RPM sounds like malfunctioning IMRC plates.
I think the best thing for you to do is take the car to a quality local tuner and have them diagnose it.

Jkins911

It did throw a IMRC code About a week ago but like I said it went away. At low RPM is it sluggish then after about three grand 3 1/2 it opens up and the power and torque is there. But I’d say you’re probably right. I’ll have a checked Out as soon as possible. Thank you again for your time it’s much appreciated

Jkins911

AD609946-F2D8-4C21-A5B8-F32A9935F47B.jpeg

Jkins911

OK so I have another question pertaining to my fuel pressure. What psi should I set my fuel pressure regulator? I have a 340 LPH fuel pump justable fuel pressure regulator with stock injectors. I have a gauge and all that good stuff to probably checked my fuel system pressure I just need to know what to send it to. I have read so many different threads and posts and I can’t get a set number it’s always different. So to be safe I set mine to 30 PSI with vacuum and 40 psi without vacuum. Can somebody please tell me what psi I need to set. Thanks again

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Probably IMRC. Companies make delete plates for these cars. Another thing to note is these cars are naturally pretty gutless under 3k rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread