New Owner, and I have a few questions!

RyneLightning

When The Blower Spins....
Established Member
Hey guys, I traded in the Lightning for a 1993 cobra this week, and let me just say, it is sick! I just have a few questions.....

Right now it has a cone filter on the elbow, and sometimes when i punch it it kind of hesitates and bogs down a little bit, and even sometimes backfires, could this be because of the cone filter? I have the stock air box, and I plan on putting it back on, I would just really like to know if anyone else has had these problems.

Thanks guys!
Ryne

1993R

Established Member
You are getting too much air and turbulence from the cone filter and are losing torque and hp get rid of it. I use the Moroso cold air kit (no longer available?). It works really well

RyneLightning

Established Member
Sweet! That is exactly the answer I was looking for! Thank yo so much.
And also I noticed you have a '92 Nautique, I have an '88 myself and I love it! Where and what do you ride?

Ryne:beer:

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Definitely start with the elbow. They can cause issues in some installs. Also look for loose fittings before the maf, and overall check for any vacuum leaks.

93svtsnk

if its hesitating and backfiring is it backfiring through the intake side? kinda sounds like its running lean. id check the spark plugs make sure the ignition system is up to par.. does it have a adjustable fuel pressure regulator on it.. id check that too..if it has one..

RyneLightning

Established Member
if its hesitating and backfiring is it backfiring through the intake side? kinda sounds like its running lean. id check the spark plugs make sure the ignition system is up to par.. does it have a adjustable fuel pressure regulator on it.. id check that too..if it has one..

I'm not really all that sure where it is backfiring from, it sounds like the passengers side, but I'll check on that fuel pressure regulator

Users who are viewing this thread