New PB Boss Manifold 3.31 MT

Laloosh

Established Member
Hit the track and here are the results. Little info first, car is on stock wheels and tires 18's 235's, full weight, and on 93 octane pump gas, manual with 3.31 gears. I am 6'6 260 so I am far from weight reduction :)

I installed a boss manifold last week and prior to that my best was
1217_zpsaf302e6e.jpg

12.17 @ 116.8 mph. This was on stock rubber, full weight, pump gas. Mods were Intake/off road x pipe/tune.

Since then I added a Boss Intake Manifold, and today I went to the track to see how it stacks up. Same as before, stock tires, full weight, ect ect
1198_zpsc63ec7d1.jpg

11.98 @ 119.7 mph.

The best trap today was 120.2 mph. The boss intake picked up nearly .2 tenths and 3mph. IMO it is a very worth mod.

Summary of my results:
12.6 @ 111.9 stock
12.4 @ 115.1 Tune only
12.1 @ 116.8 Tune/CAI/Off-road X-pipe
11.9 @ 119.7 Tune/CAI/Off-road X-pipe/Boss Intake Manifold
All runs at the same track, all on stock 235 all season tires, all done at full weight.

Last edited:

zachcrosen

Established Member
Nice numbers. I lost 4 MPH when I went back to the stock manifold but the time stayed the same.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Damn man your car is moving! potentially cracks into low 11's with a sticky tire.... You have an AED tune correct ?

oneslo5.0

Established Member
I went the same timemlast year mod for mod minus the manifold, the real change was the air you drove in tonight. Also on a stock tire with a 2.5 60'. Great time none the less.

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
Great times for those tires. As others said though, unless your measuring the track conditions every time you go out, its really hard to get an idea of how well it helped vs change from DA, humidity, and air temp.

GeorgeInNePa

Established Member
I went the same timemlast year mod for mod minus the manifold, the real change was the air you drove in tonight. Also on a stock tire with a 2.5 60'. Great time none the less.

Great times for those tires. As others said though, unless your measuring the track conditions every time you go out, its really hard to get an idea of how well it helped vs change from DA, humidity, and air temp.

DA is not a forbidden art. It also takes into account the humidity and air temp.

The DA was -300ish last year vs. -1000ish for his latest trip. That's not 2 tenths or 3MPH difference. It came from something else.

Laloosh, tell Atco their system has the wrong date...

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
DA is not a forbidden art. It also takes into account the humidity and air temp.

The DA was -300ish last year vs. -1000ish for his latest trip. That's not 2 tenths or 3MPH difference. It came from something else.

Agreed, 700ft DA lower is less than 1mph and .1 sec. Seems like the Boss Mani really does help. Well done OP.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
LOL at the 1.9 60 foot time. You are leaving 5-6 tenths on the table, a full half second, with those street tires. Still, great job getting the car into the 11's on street rubber.

5bites

Established Member
Good job. Now the questions lol.

Did you have an aed tune before and after the boss?

Also what rpm was you shifting at on both stock and boss intake?

Thanks

Laloosh

Established Member

Apples to Oranges
Different toons
*stirs the pot*

Congrats on the 11's.

Not denying that the tune didn't help. Tune rocks.

Damn man your car is moving! potentially cracks into low 11's with a sticky tire.... You have an AED tune correct ?
Thanks. Correct, I was recently tuned by AED.

You went 11.9 @ 119 with a 2.5 60? lol I'm confused by your post.

Nice man great times

Thanks

Nice to see the 3.31s/boss manifold combo doing work! Awesome time and trap man
Thanks
Congrats!

-Thomas
Thanks

Thanks

DA was negative for both run and within 500 feet. I believe the DA for the stock manifold run was somehwere around -300, -400 (don't remeber exactly) and the DA for that run last night -67x. I was out of there by 745 cause I got my slip. Now that I think about it I should have stayed cause the DA got in the -xxxx range towards the end of the night with the temperatures dropping.

Great times. I would be happy just getting close to 12 flat. But that's just me.
Trust me, I got a 12 flat last night, I was NOT happy lol.

Just realized that, their date is off and their time is off. It was opening night, traction was EHH at best.

3.31s FTW! ill never take them out unless i go magnum T56
lol

Damn great time for such minimal mods
Thanks

Agreed, 700ft DA lower is less than 1mph and .1 sec. Seems like the Boss Mani really does help. Well done OP.
Alot less the 700 difference btwn the runs.

LOL at the 1.9 60 foot time. You are leaving 5-6 tenths on the table, a full half second, with those street tires. Still, great job getting the car into the 11's on street rubber.
Yea yea yea, I will leave the breaking parts for you. Car probabaly won't see the strip again untill I get my paxton. Once that happens, then a real tire will go on. I enjoy running the car the way it is driven on the street :). Now it's your turn, mount up those slicks and head out.

Good job. Now the questions lol.

Did you have an aed tune before and after the boss?

Also what rpm was you shifting at on both stock and boss intake?

Thanks
Did not have an AED tune on the stock manifold run, it was a different tune. I was shifting at 7700ish, depending on which gear I was in cause its hard to get just right while on street tires sideways lol. With the stocker I was shifting right around 7k

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I should take the car today, weather is going to be great. However, I am taking the fast car. Trying to get some stuff dialed in before next weekend's big grudge racing. I will have it out again as soon as possible though.

Users who are viewing this thread