New PB on stock-sized street tires

SVT Rob

Established Member
Went out to Heartland Park Topeka Friday night 10/11/2019 to get in some racing before they close the tracks for the winter. I've been trying to get into the 11's without going to Drag Radials or Slicks, on a stock-sized every day street tire. With the cold temperatures and 255/40R19 Eagle F1 Supercars, it was definitely tricky getting her to stick in first and second, but I managed to get an 11.89 @ 120.8. Pretty stoked with that, it's my first ever 11-second pass. I feel the car has a little bit more in it with a better driver, since I get caught up in the heat of the moment and just stab and steer.

2013 Mustang GT Premium
Track Pack
Recaro seats
255/40R19 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires on stock wheels

Engine -
Boss 302 Intake Manifold
Ported stock throttle body
PMAS 120mm CAI
JLT passenger side oil catch-can
Lund 93-octane tune

Exhaust:
ARH 1 7/8" longtube headers
ARH 3" off-road x-pipe
MBRP 3" Race Series cat-back

Driveline -
MGW Gen-2 short throw shifter
Blowfish Racing bracket
FRPP 1-piece aluminum driveshaft
Exedy chromoly lightweight flywheel
Exedy grooved Mach 500 clutch kit
Exedy HD slave cylinder
McLeod braided clutch line
Shelby Iso-Remote clutch reservoir

Suspension:
Steeda Ultra-Lite lowering springs
BMR non-adjustable lower control arms
BMR lower control arm relocation brackets

Appearance:
Ford GT/CS fog lights
Cervini GT500 upper grille insert
Cervini GT500 lower grille insert
Cervini GT500 front lip spoiler
Cervini GT500 rear spoiler

Attachments

• 11.893@120.80.jpg
    [email protected]
    106.7 KB · Views: 333

SVT Rob

Established Member
Thank you, sir! I had a couple more passes at 120, but it was definitely hard to keep her from skating in 1st and 2nd. Here's an in-car of my 12.07 @ 120, it came out of the hole ok (a little soft, but a 1.94) and spun a bit on the 1-2.

cammed 2v gt

Established Member
great numbers especially on a small street tire! What's your take on the boss intake vs stock? obviously it makes good power to trap 120 but does it feel especially soggy down low?

SVT Rob

Established Member
great numbers especially on a small street tire! What's your take on the boss intake vs stock? obviously it makes good power to trap 120 but does it feel especially soggy down low?
Sorry for the late response, I didn't get notified of an update, and I haven't been on in a LONG time.

I really like the Boss IM, I don't feel that it's any soggier below 4k than the stock intake was. With the lightened flywheel and the other supporting mods, it definitely accelerates a lot faster, IMO. This was one of the first mods I did when I bought the car in 2016. :D

I'd say you're probably better off going with the 18+ manifold over the Boss, currently, it will make similar top end power without the loss in the bottom end, and I think it's still cheaper, unless you can find a really good deal on a Boss IM.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the update and comments on the Boss intake. Planning on more visits to the track soon? Motor sounds GOOD in that video.

SVT Rob

Established Member
Thanks for the update and comments on the Boss intake. Planning on more visits to the track soon? Motor sounds GOOD in that video.
Yea, I'm going to try and get out this summer/fall, but I've got some upgrades to put on before I go again, though. Haven't had much time to get any work done on it, even though it's not a daily driver anymore. Too much to do, not enough time to do it :D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I year ya about not having enough time to do stuff. A colleague and I were just talking about that this morning. Time speeds up while the list of things to do grows. LOL. Hope everything works in your favor this summer/fall!

Users who are viewing this thread