New personal record - 154* IAT2!

cobracide

Established Member
Damn is it hot, just feathering it home on the gas. Record IAT2's 154*. IAT1's past 170* in stop and go.

Last edited:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Damn is it hot, just feathering it home on the gas. Record IAT2's 154*. IAT1's past 170* in stop and go.

LOL! Welcome to Texas! Time to relocate that reservoir to the trunk. That or KC. I'm leaning towards the trunk idea. Just emailed a guy upnorth that had a water chiller. I'm working on somthing to lower these temps. Lots of research is gonna pay off real soon. Soon I'll be pushing 21-22* of timing in this heat wave:thumbsup:

SVTDice

Established Member
Ugh. Wish this heat would be Emo and kill its self already.

On a side note, Looks like its another reason to get a KC Right? Haha.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn! Highest I've seen mine is around 130, but I normally don't drive it when it's really hot out.

cobracide

Established Member
175* yeah massive timing kill there - at the track? I was granny driving it home, don't think I got over 3k RPMs. Maybe too hot for these cars now. If this global warming thing is going to continue, mind as well and get a KC. Need to be prepared for these kind of days. : )

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
LOL! Welcome to Texas! Time to relocate that reservoir to the trunk. That or KC. I'm leaning towards the trunk idea. Just emailed a guy upnorth that had a water chiller. I'm working on somthing to lower these temps. Lots of research is gonna pay off real soon. Soon I'll be pushing 21-22* of timing in this heat wave:thumbsup:
Just leave the Beasts in the garage til October, that's what I'm doing!!:D

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Damn! Highest I've seen mine is around 130, but I normally don't drive it when it's really hot out.
Dude MN? Minnesota? You have NO IDEA Deep South is Ridiculous right now, hottest day of the year recorded today in Tampa! Just got home from work and stepped in the garage 102 on the thermometer at 11pm, time to open both doors and air this Biatch out!!

Last edited:

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Yeah, I was thinking of doing a killer chiller... I hear great things about them. I heard there is some sort of group buy on the GEN 2's but I think it's over now

vickerw

Established Member
Yeah, I was thinking of doing a killer chiller... I hear great things about them. I heard there is some sort of group buy on the GEN 2's but I think it's over now

Yeah but I PM'ed to the guy that sells the KC's & as soon as he gets caught up, he said he would offer a group buy for SVTP members. So I am stacking funds for that!

svtnotch

Established Member
im trying two pumps one on switched power with fans on heat exchanger and a battery location ice box ill see how that works :rolling:

cobracide

Established Member
That's it - I'm emailing to see if I can't get in on that svtsnake buy now. Non Drag Pack Gen2 with an H/E cutoff valve and my stock H/E back in should do the trick.

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
It was 90* last night down here, and i checked my intercooler fluid temp---58*:rockon: Killer Chiller FTW! ! !

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Dude MN? Minnesota? You have NO IDEA Deep South is Ridiculous right now, hottest day of the year recorded today in Tampa! Just got home from work and stepped in the garage 102 on the thermometer at 11pm, time to open both doors and air this Biatch out!!

LOL, yeah minnesota. But let me tell you it does get very humid up here. Last week we had heat index of around 110-115 and thats NOT factoring in the humidity. I love getting out of the shower, drying myself off and then being all wet again and doing it all over again! Oh winters are sweet too, -30 wind chills!

cobracide

Established Member
LOL, yeah minnesota. But let me tell you it does get very humid up here. Last week we had heat index of around 110-115 and thats NOT factoring in the humidity. I love getting out of the shower, drying myself off and then being all wet again and doing it all over again! Oh winters are sweet too, -30 wind chills!

The heat index factors in temperature with humidity - that's exactly what it does. The south has been there at low 100's - temps and index.

Black Sex

Established Member
I live in Iowa and the last 3 weeks we have had temps in the mid to upper 90's with dew points in the upper 70's. Heat index's of 110-125. This shit sucks. Plus it hasn't rained for about 3 weeks. I don't know if it's been so humid because we have all this standing flood water. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread