NEW Photoshoot: Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 on Velgen VMB5 Wheels

Paul@HI

Established Member
sep1.jpg
[/IMG][/
adwb.jpg
6yha.jpg

Some different angle shots

Great color combination! The blue looks great with the matte gunmetal :)

Paul@HI

Established Member
NEW Velgen Matte Gunmetal Finish

This is the NEW Velgen Matte Gunmetal Finish. This Matte Gunmetal replaces the old Matte Gunmetal which had a blue/graphite base.

9783075695_d8389d19ce_b.jpg

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey Paul, should have my car lowered this weekend and I'll post up pics. My buddy at the tire shop couldn't believe how well these balanced up with the Michelins.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Forgestar is also a cast wheel but it is flow formed. Here is a link on flow forming: Forgestar Wheels Custom Rotary Forged Flow Formed Concave Performance Wheels

The industry calls it "rotary forging" which I feel is a little misleading... They start out as a low pressure casting and are put through the flow forming process.

With that being said, the Velgen's are low pressure cast and are 1-2 lbs heavier per wheel. However, the quality is excellent.

I have had the pleasure of working with a lot of the members on this board and many of you know we carry primarily custom forged brands. We are VERY skeptical of anything cast. Only because there are so many cheap Chinese made wheels out there that use gravity casting and other low cost methods.

Velgen happened to be one of those brands that we tested and we were very pleasantly surprised by everything from build quality to pricing.

To answer your question, Forgestar vs Velgen is a tough comparison. Both have their place in the market and serve different purposes. If you need a 20x11 and want to run a 315/35 tire, you will need a custom wheel and Forgestar is the best bang for the dollar. However, if you want a sick set of wheels with super deep concavity and they still allow for a 305/35, go with Velgen.

any picture of the F14f?

Users who are viewing this thread