New product alert! Now available for all 6r and 10r Mustang, F150 and Explorer, Lethal Performance Launch Controller.

StephenL

Established Member
Wanting the functionality of a transbrake but don't want to get too crazy with the install? Wish you could set an RPM limit for launching like the 2020+ Gt500s can? Well now you can on all 6r80 and 10r80 transmissions (except 2021 F150s at the moment).

No ECU tuning required, simple plug and play install with the exception of 2 wires. This setup wires into your brake pedal harness and will hold the RPM's at a desired position to help reduce those 60 ft times and add consistency to your launch.

If you have any questions on this setup or the install, as always, feel free to reach out at 561-753-8105 or shoot us a support ticket anytime.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...mustang-f150-explorer-st-automatic-trans.html

launchcontrollernotext.jpg

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Is it possible for this to work on a 6r80 swapped vehicle?
Such as an ‘03 Cobra or a ‘15-‘20 Shelby GT350 with a 6r80? Both of which I am planning to do. I'm assuming the ‘03 Cobra wouldn't be as plug and play as a factory 6r car due to the factory brake pedal harness possibly not being the same? Although the GT350 should have the same harness.

Thanks
Ken

LethalJoe

Established Member
Is it possible for this to work on a 6r80 swapped vehicle?
Such as an ‘03 Cobra or a ‘15-‘20 Shelby GT350 with a 6r80? Both of which I am planning to do. I'm assuming the ‘03 Cobra wouldn't be as plug and play as a factory 6r car due to the factory brake pedal harness possibly not being the same? Although the GT350 should have the same harness.

Thanks
Ken
All depends on the brake pedal assembly. Also, you may have to cross reference for the two wires you have to tap in the vehicles harness. 2011+ Ford's born with an auto trans. use the same harness on the brake pedal assembly. Do you plan on using the 03 Cobra pedal assembly? I do not believe brake pedal harness would be the same for the GT350 as, say, a Automatic GT for that year. Would more than likely need a different harness or cross-reference and hard wire into the current harness, but hasn't been tested or inspected unfortunately.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Yes I’m using the factory ’03 Cobra brake pedal assembly. Currently the clutch pedal is used for my trans brake with the 4r 70w. Not saying I wouldn’t switch pedal assemblies if it simplified things. I have the full Ford wiring diagram book for the ‘03 Cobra (all new edge Mustangs) so cross referencing things shouldn’t be to difficult. Just need to get the same for the appropriate S550 models. The Cobra would definitely be the first recipient since I haven’t even bought a GT350 yet.

Thanks
Ken

Users who are viewing this thread