New Raptor Info

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-working-on-raptor-f-150.html

Ford is working on a high-performance off-road version of its new F-150 pickup truck, a new report finds. The new truck — which is being developed under the codename Raptor — will reportedly use a long-travel suspension, possibly double that offered by the stock truck, that is being co-developed with Fox Racing.

The Raptor — look for Ford to change the truck's name before launch — will reportedly be lower and wider than the standard model, and will feature tires in the 33-35 inch range. The truck will likely have wider fender flares to house the larger wheels.
Underhood, the Raptor will use a powerplant that will leave SVT fans wanting a Lightning version of the new F-150. While a horsepower rating has not been leaked — although sources say output will be "high" — the Raptor F-150 will reportedly use an EcoBoost version of Ford's upcoming Boss V8.
If the Raptor projected doesn't get killed because of CAFE regulations, look for the truck to show up in dealer showrooms in a year and a half to two years.

352Ford

I make my own
Established Member
If I made more money and gas was cheaper, I would so buy one for my DD…

But I don't think it will ever see the light of day.

FBMphil

Established Member
If I made more money and gas was cheaper, I would so buy one for my DD…

But I don't think it will ever see the light of day.

Oh yes it will. Keep in mind that CAFE is an average and low volume models really don't hurt it that much...

SVThopeful

SVT Poster
Established Member
It will be a very cool truck and I feel it shouldn't be compared to the Lightning since they are two completely different trucks with different purposes.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
memento.jpg

SlowP38

Established Member
Not into the off roading but the likely hood of a 6.2 twin force makes me feel funny in the pants.

Svtlightning_04

YeA iM sHadY
Established Member
why is ford beating around the bush with this? Instead of coming out w/ the 3rd gen lightning they came out with the roush truck and now a truck that is going to be called raptor?? and isnt that name TM from japan?

jec1521

Jay
Established Member
why is ford beating around the bush with this? Instead of coming out w/ the 3rd gen lightning they came out with the roush truck and now a truck that is going to be called raptor?? and isnt that name TM from japan?

Ford didn't "come out" with the Roush truck. That truck has nohting to do with Ford. I'm assuming their plan originally was to have Roush and Saleen make up for the void that the Lightning left. Problem is that they were way too much money, and way too heavy.

myndgruv

Established Member
NEW INFO

http://jalopnik.com/378203/dealers-...t-badge-told-to-drive-directly-up-toyotas-ass

Dealers Shown Ford F-150 "Raptor" With SVT Badge, Told To "Drive Directly Up Toyota's Ass"

Oh yeah, baby, it's on. Details on the expected off-road edition — the so-called "Ford F-150 Raptor" are beginning to leak out of Ford's dealer product preview currently underway in Las Vegas (that's gotta be a sober get together). Apparently the blue oval boys are pretty excited about the pending master of the off-road, showing off a shot to the assembled sales folk. They're even going so far as calling it the first Baja 1000 truck you can buy right off the show floor. Our friends at PickupTruck.com and Four Wheeler tell us the word on the street is the new power truck will find a 6.2-liter V8 under the hood good for 380 HP and 400 lb-ft of torque, an SVT badge on the tailgate and the word "Ford" on the front grille. That's right, no blue oval for this set-for-Baja bad-boy. But more than just the details on the new "Raptor" F-150 was the quote given to dealers about what they'd like to see them do with the soon-to-be-revealed off-road ready truck:

"[Ford's] going to drive this [and other vehicles shown to Ford dealers] right up Toyota's ass."
Oh yeah baby, it's definitely on. We love a good automaker mud fight in the morning — even if it's about trucks

Users who are viewing this thread