New ride.

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
New ride. M4

M4 Crop.jpgThe lady and I went out to test drive some possible cars to add to the stable. I drove a 15 Gt PP car. It's definitely a different and IMO better animal than any mustang before it. I drove a Challenger Scat Pack 8-Auto. That was a boat load of fun. Its big and heavy, but comfortable, fast and fun.

Just for giggles we stopped by the BMW dealer. I know the Sales Manager from previous used M3 purchases, so I just wanted to say hello. They had a 15 M4 in the showroom. I was crawling all through it like a kid, pawing at it, and generally finger banging it when they said, "go drive it". I did.

Then this happened.
View attachment 35757

Amazing car. I've wanted a new M car since I first saw the E30 M3 way back in the day. Love the Austin Yellow. Its very rich and dynamic IMO.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! That is a gorgeous M4. I like the color. I can see why you were pawing over it like a kid on Christmas morning. LOL. My daughter just bought a '15 BMW 228i-xDrive coupe. Not up to the performance of your M4, of course, but really, really nice. Gorgeous car! BMW just might be my next brand choice. :)

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Congrats! I had an e46 M3 back in the day. Amazing cars! Enjoy!

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
I saw an M4 in that same color at one of the dealers up here, it is a stunning color in person, on a sunny day it just looks perfect. Congrats.

Joewee500

Established Member
When my wife got her X5d the dealer was pulling their first m4 in. I couldn't bring myself to spend 70+k on it. Pretty car though.

kaz109

Established Member
looks ok. still way way too much money imo for that car. all cars are overpriced i know but especially bmw

I am not a fan of this car but to say it is too much money for what you get is simply being uneducated about what other cars offer at it's price point. No other car offers the luxury,quality,fit and finish while still giving you handling and straight line speed. And with it being turbo you now have the modabilty for cheap.

01FormulaTA

Established Member
Nice ride....surprising you cross shopped a PP mustang and scat pack challenger(40k cars) with an M4(70k car)?...out of curiousity why didn't you check out a 14 Shelby, C6Z, ZR1, Gen IV Viper or GTR?

kaz109

Established Member
Nice ride....surprising you cross shopped a PP mustang and scat pack challenger(40k cars) with an M4(70k car)?...out of curiousity why didn't you check out a 14 Shelby, C6Z, ZR1, Gen IV Viper or GTR?

4 out of 6 of those car's don't have a backseat for starters

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Beautiful car! They are high, but with the new engine I think close to being worth it. I'm sure it drives about as good as any front engine car on the planet.

whitecobra2387

Established Member
Congrats on purchase trying to get one in yazmarina blue. did u Lease it? Or finance it? If don't mine givin me some insight price so I can see of deals I'm getting are legit. 39m Lease with 3k down and 4900 in security deposit which gets paid all back to me at the end of lease the monthly is 690 a month

Last edited:

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member

Kaz is on the right track for starters. Back seats are pretty useful. These can actually hold an adult behind the passenger without the passenger sitting in the glove box. But, there's only 2 of us 99% of the time so the seats aren't as important as just having interior space.

I had a 14 Shelby. Ordered June 13 and delivered 8/22/13. Really fast but not comfortable. I did not enjoy stopping for gas every 15 minutes to fill the 15 gal thimble. Massive performance on that car. With the 15 mustang coming out with all the neat new bells and whistles and tech options, the 14 felt dated to me. So, traded it on a 15 Jeep SRT.

For me the C6 cars are super mean looking on the outside and the performance is incredible but the interior is all 1999 plus not being comfortable for me. I'm 6'3. Even the C07's don't fit too well.

I'd have bought a new Viper GTS in a heartbeat but I am not the only one who will be driving it. I lust over that car. I will put too many miles on whatever I have and it just wouldn't work...plus its 50k more.

GTR...I am completely turned off by Japanese car styling in and out. Especially in. Its AWD, kills off the line, fast, exotic... Just not my cup of tea.

I only wanted a new car with all the new car benefits and warranties. BMW has free service until 50k. They pay for everything except tires. The Idrive is phenomenal. The materials are excellent. The body panels fit together. I can get 25 mpg. And its a very fast car.

Users who are viewing this thread