New rules for taco trucks have Los Angeles residents in a stew

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
that's one of the lamest laws i've ever heard of. this is america; if they aren't hurting someone they can do whatever the **** they want.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Ok so they cant stay in one spot longer than an hour. Every hour put that bitch in drive and move up 4 feet. Not the same spot.

tama

Mastermind
Established Member
What I find hilarious is business owners who claim they are losing business to these taco vendors. Hey if I get ready to go out to a restaurant I'm not going to change my mind whne pulling into the parking lot I see the coach roach offering super burritos at 3.50 and say "hey:idea: I think i'll have a roach coach burrito instead of sitting down here at (insert restaurant) and enjoy my meal with full service." Considering I got ready for a nite out at a restaurant to begin with.

Hell even more so if I bring a date:-D How hot and sexy is that?

The only way I see this actually hurting any type of established business is a taqueria that peddles the same product. They sell a super buritto ay 5.00 and the roach coach sells the same size super burrito at 3.50.

Any other type of establishment business owner in my opinion is just finding someone else to blame for their business being slow.

I do agree with the residential neighbor hood disturbances though and I can see a crowd being noisey at night. That part I do agree with.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Yeah - If a "Roach Coach" was taking my business I would just shut down anyway. No sense in being in the business at that point anyway.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Shit, here in turlock, a parking lot was built specifically for a couple taco trucks. They are every where here... And yeah, if a taco truck is taking your business, your doing something wrong.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
If the taco trucks are that good...why not start a 'real' restaurant?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Shit, here in turlock, a parking lot was built specifically for a couple taco trucks. They are every where here... And yeah, if a taco truck is taking your business, your doing something wrong.

i was gonna say the same. Here in modesto there are two types of trucks: those that do move around, and those that dont.

We have a truck come to our place every day at 9:30 because thats when the plant workers take their break. The line gets about 50 heads deep and the truck chills for a half hour or so in front of our place then packs up and leaves to another hot spot once everyone has eaten.

Theres also the trucks down on 8th and K iirc that have their own lots and just park there in the morning and pack up at night.

If i was a restaurant and a taco truck was stealing my business, i would 1) take a long hard look at my business plan and why its failing to a taco truck, and 2) start hiring taco truck workers and make my own tacos and put the truck out of business.

However, if a truck is on a restaurants property (or anyone elses property) without permission, it must leave. A taco truck cannot just park in front of McDonalds and open shop.

TJSwoboda

Established Member
This is the inevitable result of government: Either the restaurant owners or taco truck owners are going to secure the favor of the powers that be to force the competition out of business, and they'll whitewash the endeavor with progressive, enlightened collectivist crap for the (il)liberals, and "big daddy with a stick" talk for conservatives. Oh well, at least this is local government. As long as they're not marching on Washington demanding more creative interpretation of the interstate commerce clause I guess I should just be happy I'm in Nevada.

sonic_mike

Established Member
oh man being drunk and getting some tacos de lengua
df07_10_23_tacos.jpg

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If the taco trucks are that good...why not start a 'real' restaurant?
Overhead to profit margin? No different than the dawg stands of old. I mean why have an ice cream truck when you can have an ice cream shop?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I think the whole 'Issue' is rediculous.

If people are getting Food from a former Rapist Van over your restaurant, open a Dog Grooming shop instead :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread