New Shifter, Does it make a difference???

Do you use stock or after market shifter

• Aftermarket

Votes: 132 79.5%
  • Stock Shifter

Votes: 34 20.5%

• Total voters

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
I will probably get flamed but I have the stock shifter with Mgw handle and I love it. Other than the sloppy bushing and ridiculous handle length I think the stocker is fine.

jiggy988

Established Member
i have a pro 5.0. it rattles and sticks. im not too happy with it. does anyone else with a pro 5.0 have this problem?

RB8888

Established Member
Cobra03FLA said:
I will probably get flamed but I have the stock shifter with Mgw handle and I love it. Other than the sloppy bushing and ridiculous handle length I think the stocker is fine.

No flames, but if you have not tried an aftermarket shifter, I submit that you are missing out. There is truly no comparison :D

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
jiggy988 said:
i have a pro 5.0. it rattles and sticks. im not too happy with it. does anyone else with a pro 5.0 have this problem?

Install an MGW handle, and you will love it. :banana:

venum03

Established Member
MGW shifter w/red handle and Cobra Bob's gasket set...Top that off with the MGW Cobra T-Handle and you've got - Sweet!!!...

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
venum03 said:
MGW shifter w/red handle and Cobra Bob's gasket set...Top that off with the MGW Cobra T-Handle and you've got - Sweet!!!...
Damn, that does sound sweet! :idea:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Venum, you like the T-handles? That's about the only "knob" I've never tried with a manual. Is this your first?

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
I have the MGW with a Red handle, and its SOO nice!!

I think the general concensus is that ANY of the aftermarket shifters are light-years better than the stock unit. Whichever one is better boils down to personal preference :)

You can't go wrong replacing the stock POS :)

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
love my tri-ax. I highly recomend removing the stick of margarine the factory installed in our cars. Anything is better than that piece of carp.

finally

Established Member
Just installed the MGW this morning with Cobrabob's gasket. Replaced my Kirban with MGW adjustable handle. WOW, what a difference!! I can't believe how short the throws are and how quiet it is in the vert now!! MGW and Cobrabob rule!!

Ricks2003Cobra

Established Member
MGW with Blue handle. Feels similar to my Pro-50 on the 01 Cobra. I did not like the t-56 Pro 50 handle. I LOVE the MGW Handle is a matter of preference.

car737

Money to Blow
Established Member
thanks for all the inputs guys... thanks again cobrabob for your website.... looks like a good product

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
car737 said:
thanks for all the inputs guys... thanks again cobrabob for your website.... looks like a good product
You're welcome, and thanks! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread