New Shifter, Does it make a difference???

Do you use stock or after market shifter

• Aftermarket

Votes: 132 79.5%
  • Stock Shifter

Votes: 34 20.5%

• Total voters

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
jiggy988 said:
i have a pro 5.0. it rattles and sticks. im not too happy with it. does anyone else with a pro 5.0 have this problem?
I have a 5.0 and it is a bit noisy but "rattle" no, and it does not stick. What exaxtly do you mean by sticks? :shrug: Sticks, like stuck in gear? Mine is pretty smooth after a little warm up. :beer:

gmkillrsvt

just put my MGW with the blue handle on a couple days ago. couldnt believe how short the throws were. my friend has the pro5.0 and wants to switch now. MGW= :bowdown: :rockon: :bowdown: :rockon:

soonerjoe

Established Member
vegaspackerfan said:
Where do you get a MGW shifter. I won $400 on the SB and looking to buy a new shifter. I am 6'4". I need the seat all the way back and tilted down abit to fit in my car comfortable. I am thinking the red.

I got the bug. Just got the exhaust on Friday, Now I am going to go see about a tune and Pulley's.

rpmoutlet sells seat rail extenders, so you can put your seat back a couple more inches.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
car737 said:
Im looking at putting a different shifter in my 03 Cobra. My shifter is a little stiff and isnt the easiest to shift. I am looking at putting in a Steeda's T-56 Tri-Ax. Anyone have any pros or cons... any out there people really like

Dude, do you really need to ask that question? I mean, come on. Try doing a search one of these days....... :bash:

Fast Willy

Established Member
I have a upr short throw and love it. If you think your shifter is stiff try this: push ur clutch in all the way and hold it for a sec then slide your foot right off the side and like the clutch pedal kick back and to that like 2 or 3 times and it will "reset" the clutch. I was having trouble putting my car into gears sometimes. It was getting really notchy and my friend told me about this and it help tremendously.

why2kmax

Established Member
Forgive me but Im not a cobra owner but was thinking of buying a shifter for a friend as a B-day present. MGW seems to be a clear favorite but what about the B&M Ripper shifter? or is that refered to in this thread by pro 5.0?? Good, bad, ugly?

Svt03Cobra

Wanna Race?
Established Member
Maybe

jiggy988 said:
i have a pro 5.0. it rattles and sticks. im not too happy with it. does anyone else with a pro 5.0 have this problem?

My pro 5.0 doesn't want to go into gears very easliy! I hate it! I'm going to try the MGW! :rockon:

TheBigHrn

Established Member
WTF i was going to get the Pro 5.0 because I have problems missing 3rd.... and from what i heard the 5.0 is spring loaded so you wont miss shift...now i read that people say its hard to get into gears and gets stuck.... MGW users, how is it hitting third gear????

Users who are viewing this thread