New Steering Wheel and Shift Knob

bssmith1220

Established Member
I need to get rid of my base steering wheel also...what's the part # for the gt500 wheel?

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
ordered it from ford in their parts dept but you can also order em online

2011 Ford Mustang Aluminum Sport Pedals

you can find cheaper performance pedals elsewhere but I wanted the OEM look

Thanks for the info :beer:

That's cotton candy right there, mang !!! :rockon:

Thats right Chris :lol1:

That is the exact shift nob I want to get because it will match my interior. Looks as good as I hoped it would.

Yes, I have already gotten several positive comments on the knob at a couple of cruise-ins!! :rockon:

Big improvment!

Thanks Jay :beer:

ViciousJay

Established Member
how do you know you have a premium car? i have the nicer wheel, and pedals, but i have the reg version rims fromt eh factory and non brembo's, im so confused

also how did you get your OD to be black with blue lights during the day???

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
how do you know you have a premium car? i have the nicer wheel, and pedals, but i have the reg version rims fromt eh factory and non brembo's, im so confused

All the base cars have cloth interior and all the premium cars have leather interior.

The base cars have black faced gauges and don't have the 'My Color' dash so the blue is the only color for the dash lights.

The premium cars have white faced gauges and the 'My Color' dash so that you can choose the color of your dash lights.

The regular 18" inch wheels are standard on the base and premium models. The Brembo brakes are an option on the base and premium models.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
All the base cars have cloth interior and all the premium cars have leather interior.

The base cars have black faced gauges and don't have the 'My Color' dash so the blue is the only color for the dash lights.

The premium cars have white faced gauges and the 'My Color' dash so that you can choose the color of your dash lights.

The regular 18" inch wheels are standard on the base and premium models. The Brembo brakes are an option on the base and premium models.

gotcha

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member

How many guages do you have in your instrument cluster?

If it's 4 like Greg's (z28th1s) then it's not a premium, if it's 6, it is...

5.0jake

Established Member
Looks great! I'm doing the steering wheel swap asap as well. I like how the base shift knob feels but your new one looks better. How does it feel compared to the stock one?

The volume buttons on the wheel don't work?

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Looks great! I'm doing the steering wheel swap asap as well. I like how the base shift knob feels but your new one looks better. How does it feel compared to the stock one?

The volume buttons on the wheel don't work?

I like the feel of the new knob. I used to run the chrome stick Hurst shifters with the white ball shift knobs on my Foxbodies over the years, so I'm very used to the feel of the round shifter knobs.

No, the volume buttons don't work.

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
how do you like the ball compared tot he stock shifter

I like the feel of the new knob. I used to run the chrome stick Hurst shifters with the white ball shift knobs on my Foxbodies over the years, so I'm very used to the feel of the round shifter knobs.

ViciousJay

Established Member
just curious on the premium cars how can i set the shift light up or do i have to have a handheld to do it?

Users who are viewing this thread