New Style Terminator Forum Poll

Which style do you like best?

• I like the new style with specialized forums

Votes: 51 37.2%
  • I like having just 2 forums (talk/tech)

Votes: 80 58.4%
  • Other (please tell us your idea)

Votes: 6 4.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I like the Tech/Talk setup best. But, can we add a third section for just polls? The overwhelming amount of polls totally detracts from the "Terminator" Forum IMO.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
jackers said:
Maybe have a "new post" button that will show only the new posts in the terminator section.

This is a great idea. The new way is more logical but you don't get the viewing or the posting in the smaller interest sub forums. Can any of them be combined so you have 2 or 3 topics in a forum?

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
2 ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Sorry had to be said the many forums make it hard to find stuff.. Even though it really doesn't pertain to me !

But I do think that there should be an archive for tech stuff and reviews and stuff like that for threads that are older. And a forum for polls and stickies would be nice !

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
dougwg said:
Larry?!?!

any word on banning this "Sid29whatever) guy? :poke: ;-)

Calm down Doug, it’s not good for your health. :nono:

dougwg

Established Member
NHRACobra said:
Calm down Doug, it’s not good for your health. :nono:

yeah... but this Sid guy made a poll about polls.... :shrug:

:pop: :)

Screamin'SVT

Banned
LOL, the grass is always greener.. when we had just 2 forums everyone voted for the change, and now it seems the majority wants it back to normal again.

I like the way things are now, but mods have to move posts out of the general forum and into the other ones when appropriate. The other forums move too slow because it seems no one wants to go through the effort to post in the appropriate forum.. more enforcement would make people learn to post in the correct forum IMO.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
IronTerp said:
...can we add a third section for just polls? The overwhelming amount of polls totally detracts from the "Terminator" Forum...
Instead of a separate poll forum, why not have some poll limitations...

1. No polls from someone until they have 250 posts AND 90 days of board membership. That puts an end to the "Which [fill in the blank] is best?" newbie polls.

2. Nobody can post more than 1 poll per week in the Terminator forums.

3. Lock existing Terminator polls that are 6 months old or more so they stop floating to the top. There are 12 polls on the first 5 pages of the Terminator Talk forum right now...4 were posted in 2003 and 2 are from 2002! :eek:

4. All polls should have an expiration date (90 days maybe?)

Anyway...just an idea. :shrug:

-Greg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The existing polls have to be dealt(sp) as they come up. I'll look into fixing some of the poll problems though.

How would everyone fell about 4 forums:

Talk
Tech (Hardcore tech such as a comparison of blocks or heads)
How To (Guides on how do mods, irs clunk fix, spark plug install, ect)
CAI, Exhaust, ect forum for all the newbie threads

dougwg

Established Member
if the Moderators smoke/delete some of the old polls... can we then call them poll smokers? :lol: :lol1: :poke:

vipergts281

Established Member
Why does everyone hate polls? Is there a specific reason......just because there is alot of them? I don't see the big problem with them.

What am I missing here?

Btw, I liked it better when it was just two forums. I honestly don't really look at anything else besides "Talk" now.

dougwg

Established Member
because about 99% of the time they are truely meaningless and yet people still post them looking for meaningfull info

Last edited:

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
I voted "the way it is now" to tell the truth I didn't like the idea of "sub forums" when it was first set up that way, but I've got used to it and it is easier to find posts when they don't end up on page eight two hours later......I do like the idea someone had for the "get new posts" in the Terminator only forum, If thats feesable......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread