New Tail Lights

RTCOBRA2964

Established Member
Just scored a set of 99-01 Cobra tails and bolted them on this afternoon. Wiring is not yet completed and I hope to get it all squared away within the week. I think they add a little uniqueness :rockon:

BEFORE:
192b2cb0-0d6d-4413-ae79-041795c37aaf_zps22ff44bd.jpg

AFTER:
336d2777-abf1-479b-b3a1-e2f3f7389775_zpsf6de5267.jpg

TERMINATED97

Established Member
Looks better!! Wish ford would of kept those tail lights for the cobras.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

SILVERSTONE

SilverBullitt
Established Member
nice been thinking on doing that to my car but i wasnt sure if it looked good on silver.. well my problems is resolved looks real good!! so the hardness from the 99/01 cobra wont just connect to the car harness and work?

RTCOBRA2964

Established Member
Thanks for the input!

@Silverstone: The "hardness"? LOL...the harness connectors are different. The 99-01 ones have an extra green wire which needs to be jumpered to a green wire in the trunk. The swap also requires a newer flasher module and snipping of a green wire under the dash. Doesn't look too hard per the write-ups I've seen.

Adiabatik

Banned
Did this on my 01 GT 10 years ago. Definitely a HUGE waste of time and money. Sequentials look 10x better and are a fraction of the price.

RTCOBRA2964

Established Member
Did this on my 01 GT 10 years ago. Definitely a HUGE waste of time and money. Sequentials look 10x better and are a fraction of the price.

We all spend a HUGE amount of time and money wastefully! I'm on my second set of TF wheels in the less than eight months. It's the nature of the hobby! It wouldn't be any fun to not be able to change things up. I like the fact of being able to add some uniqueness and have the option of going back to the stock tails with sequential when I feel it's time for a change. "To each their own!"

ThinkTwice

Slow 2V
Established Member
Nice touch. I'd do the swap if it weren't so expensive to do. With that being said, I love it when somebody spends so much money to do the amber swap with the tails, only to spend more money on their headlights to REMOVE the amber turn signals!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice, and different touch. Most are used to seeing the all-red stockers, but I really nice what you did.

SILVERSTONE

SilverBullitt
Established Member
Thanks for the input!

@Silverstone: The "hardness"? LOL...the harness connectors are different. The 99-01 ones have an extra green wire which needs to be jumpered to a green wire in the trunk. The swap also requires a newer flasher module and snipping of a green wire under the dash. Doesn't look too hard per the write-ups I've seen.

lol sorry about my damn typos!! i just noticed the 2nd time i did write it right.. damn brain! lol ima have to look into some write ups about it just in case i get a set of those, please don't tint them, and ignore those haters lol car looks awesome

Users who are viewing this thread