NEW Tesla is no Joke - 2017 Tesla P100D vs 11 Sec GT 500 - Drag vid

SLVRNBLK

Established Member
No doubt. However, the GT500 driver didn't do himself any favors bogging so badly out of the hole...That said, even if he'd launched well, 10.80's is a tall order for a stock 500 on Drag Radials...especially in S. Florida humidity.

These Teslas are impressive performers for sure and they definitely make a statement, but they're also $100k + and there's no shame in losing to a $6 figure car, IMHO...That said, I'll take the fossil fuel burning GT500's, Coyotes, Hellcats, SRT's, Vettes etc...etc...just for the sound and attitude these cars exude...but that's just me:)

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
I don't like the Tesla at all, nothing sexy about batteries and an absence of an exhaust note. I'd take the GT500 all day. Sure the Tesla is quick AF, but so what?

kaz109

Established Member
GT500 never stood a chance. AWD and instant power will kill just about anything in the 1/4mi that is stock. R8, hurcan ,570s, aventador,GT-R, 911 Turbo S are I think the only sub 10sec cars so this tesla is among some elite company

SVTFastBack

Established Member
Meh, i'd still drive a Tesla around town just for the creature comfort in traffic.. but wouldn't touch it on the weekends. They are like premature-ejacs good for the 1/8th and lose it on the quarter; i'd rather lose in something that you actually have to drive even if its slower.

SVTFastBack

Established Member
I live in a small town lol and work on a Naval base, 5 miles straight in 5 straight out. Now that I though about it tho I like my R6 better even tho it sucks riding in at 3 in the morning.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
That Tesla had more top end than I expected. Fast...yes. Sexy...nope. But still cool. Still, I'd spend my spare $120k on something fast AND sexy.

kaz109

Established Member
Don't wave me down when the batteries die and you're stuck in traffic

Yea this happens alllllllllllll the time. The batteries just die after traveling 300mi in traffic a day. Lol.....at least try to come up with something plausible

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
These Teslas are impressive performers for sure and they definitely make a statement, but they're also $100k + and there's no shame in losing to a $6 figure car, IMHO...That said, I'll take the fossil fuel burning GT500's, Coyotes, Hellcats, SRT's, Vettes etc...etc...just for the sound and attitude these cars exude...but that's just me:)

Right there with ya buddy!

smitty2919

Established Member
Someday people will stop oogling over these battery powered cars...instant torque of those wins every time. It's the top end that they "suffer".

I like Tesla's idea to build these cars to make/prove a point to the auto industry walking around with the middle finger in the air. I still wouldn't own one.

sn94cobra

Corn-aholic
Established Member
I live in a small town lol and work on a Naval base, 5 miles straight in 5 straight out. Now that I though about it tho I like my R6 better even tho it sucks riding in at 3 in the morning.
China lake
I was there in the early to mid 90's

coposrv

Established Member
Can the Teslas be modded performance wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread