ponten4

Hello everyone, I am new to the car world. I currently have a 2013 sxt plus challenger and got it new in 2013 (just trying to give you an idea of my knowledge on cars, which is next to nothing but I do respect and appreciate them and love a good looking muscle car like a challenger)

I have always liked muscle cars because of my uncle (who was a huge car enthusiast and died in 2021 and leaves behind a supercharged c5 z06) I want to get more into cars and I am looking at an 88-93 foxbody 5.0 or a 96-98 sn95 cobra. I am personally leaning towards the sn95.

I will be using this car as a dd and want to eventually get it to 350-400hp as I feel that is a good number for a dd. Just looking for any advice from which of the two cars to buy, the buying process itself and modding for a complete newb who is willing to put in the time to learn.

Thanks in advance.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Get the SN95 Cobra. Find a decent one that isn't modded to sh*t. It might take time to find a decent one but you will like it. The 4V will rev to 7k and sound amazing doing it. Good luck!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
fox body prices are insane, especially as something that would be more of a daily grab the SN95. The easiest way to that 350-400 range is going to be boost.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Out of the options listed and for a DD, definitely an sn95 with a blower. However, for what that will cost you, I would go with a bolt on Mach 1 instead.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTP! Take some time to browse through the many forums here that should be of direct interest to you.

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Welcome @ponten4

Thanks for joining in and giving us a little background about yourself.

We are always excited to see new members and happy to see the great responses so far to your introduction.

We look forward to hearing more about your muscle car journey and are excited to see some pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread